Author Topic: LGBT Pride March in London  (Read 7271 times)

Ashy

Re: LGBT Pride March in London
« Reply #30 on: Jul 09, 2018, 11:39:40 AM »
If I saw them coming I would go the other way.

Coastal

« Reply #31 on: Jul 09, 2018, 11:44:26 AM »
Not shouting "chase me" I presume  ;D
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Phil

« Reply #32 on: Jul 09, 2018, 11:51:38 AM »
Apparently, 20 million watched the England match, but only 11 actually played

That means that 45 million didn't watch the England match.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Akbuk

« Reply #33 on: Jul 09, 2018, 11:53:42 AM »
Apparently, 20 million watched the England match, but only 11 actually played

I like it.
I’m a real he/him.

Coastal

« Reply #34 on: Jul 09, 2018, 11:54:18 AM »
I was one of the 45 million  ;D

GrannyMac

« Reply #35 on: Jul 09, 2018, 12:19:58 PM »
It would be interesting to see what would happen if you tried to organise a Straight Pride celebration, you would probably be accused of every hate crime under the sun.

I'm puzzled why the huge majority, who've never been persecuted would want or need to celebrate?  I'm just grateful not to have had the challenges that others have to live with. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Coastal

« Reply #36 on: Jul 09, 2018, 02:30:03 PM »
Well I'm presuming they don't feel the need,
All I was referring to is that the "minority" groups are always celebrating their cause (be it sexual preferences, colour, religion etc) but if anyone tried in anyway to celebrate the opposite to their ideals, it would be classed as sexist, racist or blasphemous etc etc.

GrannyMac

« Reply #37 on: Jul 09, 2018, 03:19:29 PM »
Well I'm presuming they don't feel the need,
All I was referring to is that the "minority" groups are always celebrating their cause (be it sexual preferences, colour, religion etc) but if anyone tried in anyway to celebrate the opposite to their ideals, it would be classed as sexist, racist or blasphemous etc etc.

If people don't understand why those  who are part of a minority group want to celebrate a new found freedom, or an opportunity for some sort of equal status in society, thats their choice.  I wouldn't march in a Gay Pride procession, and I think much of it is OTT. But I get it.

In the dark old days, catholics killed and persecuted protestants and vice versa.  Just for their beliefs,  and they were all Christians!  As long as the marches or rallies are not about inciting violence or hatred, then why not.

R. Gervais

Phil

« Reply #38 on: Jul 09, 2018, 04:16:28 PM »
Was the MP Ben Bradshaw on the march?

I've just seen him on the news & he looks as gay as a coot.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #39 on: Jul 11, 2018, 04:01:20 PM »
Resurrecting an old thread, again, as an interesting news item caught my attention.
Penny Mordant, the Tory Equalities Minister, last week, annouced a £4.5 Million grant to encourage Gays to hold hands in Public.   i've no objection to any folks holding hands in public, but £4.5 million to encourage it, come on do. 

zoony

« Reply #40 on: Jul 11, 2018, 04:32:44 PM »
I agree B-P. It'll also antagonise a lot of people and lead to more trouble than there already is among them and the homophobes.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Ashy

« Reply #41 on: Jul 11, 2018, 05:05:57 PM »
4.5 million is absurd when there are homeless people eating out of the gutter.

GrannyMac

« Reply #42 on: Jul 11, 2018, 06:46:19 PM »
We spend over a bi££ion ££ on homelessness every year.  £4.5m seems a drop in the bucket comparatively. https://www.nao.org.uk/report/homelessness/

I haven't read the bit about holding hands.  I suspect the money may help those who've suffered at the hands of homophobes and the like.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/lgbt-action-plan-2018-improving-the-lives-of-lesbian-gay-bisexual-and-transgender-people/lgbt-action-plan-2018-improving-the-lives-of-lesbian-gay-bisexual-and-transgender-people

R. Gervais

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #43 on: Jul 11, 2018, 10:25:14 PM »
We spend over a bi££ion ££ on homelessness every year.  £4.5m seems a drop in the bucket comparatively. https://www.nao.org.uk/report/homelessness/

I haven't read the bit about holding hands.  I suspect the money may help those who've suffered at the hands of homophobes and the like.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/lgbt-action-plan-2018-improving-the-lives-of-lesbian-gay-bisexual-and-transgender-people/lgbt-action-plan-2018-improving-the-lives-of-lesbian-gay-bisexual-and-transgender-people
GM,
Perhaps you might explain what might be the difference between a white university undergraduate getting his head kicked in by some feral black youth and a gay young man getting his head kicked in by a homophobe, or for that matter any law-abiding citizen getting their head kicked in by any non-law-abiding citizen. 

You really don't need to answer, because it is quite obvious  "there's no difference", 'cept in the case of the gay young man there's load of [*] willing to use the case to Signal their own Virtue.

£4.5 million - it is a ludicrous nonsense.

Phil

« Reply #44 on: Jul 11, 2018, 10:35:18 PM »
I agree B-P. It'll also antagonise a lot of people and lead to more trouble than there already is among them and the homophobes.

Is a homophobe a bloke who hasn't accepted the concept of another bloke being balls-deep up his backside as normal?