Author Topic: Grandparents paying restaurant bills.  (Read 1463 times)

fortyone

Re: Grandparents paying restaurant bills.
« Reply #15 on: Jul 15, 2018, 06:29:08 PM »
 :)  as do you my friend, as do you...

Scrumpy

« Reply #16 on: Jul 15, 2018, 07:24:46 PM »
Why let your kids pay?. It only means they will have to pay more inheritance tax which is given to scroungers

Why let the kids pay.!
Why ever not.!  My children have been brought up to respect money but you are teaching yours to be mingy and greedy..
My daughter say’s  ‘It’s my turn to pay Mummy.. You have been doing it forever’..   She treats me really well.. she keeps an eye on me.. My grandchildren are the same..  I slip them a few bob here and there.. but I don’t brag about doing so.
Blimey.. they will get the bloody lot when I am gone.. And before you pipe up about inheritance tax etc : it is all covered..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

em

« Reply #17 on: Jul 15, 2018, 08:21:42 PM »
Brian's idiocy has finally driven me off this forum---at least for the time being.Who knows,I could well be back if things were to change for the better.

Ashy

« Reply #18 on: Jul 15, 2018, 08:53:10 PM »
The nice thing is that Brian's family meets up and goes out together. I think that is wonderful and special. Who else cares who pays for it?

zoony

« Reply #19 on: Jul 15, 2018, 09:17:07 PM »
Brian's idiocy has finally driven me off this forum---at least for the time being.Who knows,I could well be back if things were to change for the better.

Sorry to hear that, em. I'm sure it's not just Brian...You know where we are. :-*
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Scrumpy

« Reply #20 on: Jul 15, 2018, 09:22:29 PM »
The nice thing is that Brian's family meets up and goes out together. I think that is wonderful and special. Who else cares who pays for it?

Surely it’s not just Brian.. He repeats himself a lot and is always on about pensions and morning walks but he is a lovely old soul who keeps the site alive . He gets more answers to his threads than most.. even if we do end up talking about the price of spam.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

stellamaris

« Reply #21 on: Jul 15, 2018, 09:57:32 PM »

My children have been brought up to respect money but you are teaching yours to be mingy and greedy..

Scrumpy, is mingy in the south, the same as stingy in the north.  Mingy means something different up here.  But....now I think about?    Hmmm?   Could Brian's offspring be mingy and stingy - would he allow that?   ;D
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

zoony

« Reply #22 on: Jul 15, 2018, 10:02:12 PM »
 ;D ;D  Depends on a hard G or a soft G but I think it means the same as 'stingy' rather than 'like a minge'..

cowboy wisdom.

stellamaris

« Reply #23 on: Jul 15, 2018, 10:08:00 PM »
I think you're right Zoony.  A mingin' minge might cover all possibilities. No? ::)  [the eye rolling is at me, not you]
Keep on chooglin' - John Fogerty
Pronouns: She/Her/Beautiful/Wondrous one/Dearest Heart

Phil

« Reply #24 on: Jul 15, 2018, 10:17:35 PM »

https://www.vintageinn.co.uk/restaurants/midlands/thebullsheadshenstone

Here is the restaurant we used today.

Thanks Brian,

That's gone on the miss list but how ironic it's got bull in the name.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Yellowbird

« Reply #26 on: Jul 15, 2018, 10:47:47 PM »
I must say its always my pleasure to be able to afford to treat my Children  and Grandchildren to a nice meal when we go out together, what’s wrong with that?
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

fortyone

« Reply #27 on: Jul 16, 2018, 10:24:49 AM »
Nothing wrong with it at all. The difference is that you don't feel compelled to tell us all about it (Facebook is the place for that and one reason I avoid using it). Nor do you feel compelled to embellish every post you make with clearly fictitious encounters with strangers. Nor do you post loads of other made up nonsense. Nor repeat the whole lot on a regular basis.

I don't doubt Brian can be wearying for some but they should never forget that reading posts here is purely optional and without a Brian post where folks tend to loosen up a bit the board may well become stale.

zoony

« Reply #28 on: Jul 16, 2018, 10:27:41 PM »
Nothing wrong with it at all. The difference is that you don't feel compelled to tell us all about it (Facebook is the place for that and one reason I avoid using it). Nor do you feel compelled to embellish every post you make with clearly fictitious encounters with strangers. Nor do you post loads of other made up nonsense. Nor repeat the whole lot on a regular basis.

I don't doubt Brian can be wearying for some but they should never forget that reading posts here is purely optional and without a Brian post where folks tend to loosen up a bit the board may well become stale.

"Become"?? It has been for a while in my view.

cowboy wisdom.

fortyone

« Reply #29 on: Jul 17, 2018, 09:35:00 AM »
"Become"?? It has been for a while in my view.
I refer the learned gentleman to my previous answer.
never forget that reading posts here is purely optional

My Yogi thinks Brian is a great fellow. How else would he ever have come into existence?

Well OK there was another nonsense post recently on a par with Brian's best where he made a brief appearance that lives on in my current avatar but even he can't be bothered to show up in Brian's World these days.