Author Topic: Driving Licence,  (Read 265 times)

Alfred

Driving Licence,
« on: Jul 16, 2018, 03:04:01 PM »

Recently my driving licence came up for the renewal as many of you already know once over seventy your licence has to be renewed every three years ,

and  so usually i fill in the form, and send it off, but  this year i decided to do it on line instead,  and it was very easy to do.
and once i get my new licence ill cut my old one in two and send it off to Swansea,

then my thoughts wondered once were out, and away from the E.U what happens eventually to new driving licences, assuming were ruling our selves,...... or will we still use the current E.U.ones as they are now, 

Q; have you any thoughts on this ,

Ashy

Re: Driving Licence,
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2018, 03:14:31 PM »
This should be one of the easiest things to settle in the two year notice period. We shall be free to set the frequency of renewal and the format of the documents but until they change. the licence will continue to be valid in Britain as it is now.

Alfred

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2018, 03:20:54 PM »
Thank you Ashy.

Floydian

« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2018, 04:09:07 PM »
Will the new licence require your photo on Alfred?
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

Raven

« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2018, 05:36:02 PM »
I'm glad you brought this up, I've not had to renew yet but have been wondering about it quite a lot. What do they ask on the form, do you have to provide anything or get it signed by a Doctor ect ect. I've been dreading it.

xetog

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2018, 05:59:04 PM »

You do have to provide an up-to-date photo unless you have had a passport renewal in the last 5 years.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Raven

« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2018, 07:07:11 PM »
No I don't have a Passport, I knew about the up to date photo, it's more the questions they ask I was wondering about.  :)

Alfred

« Reply #7 on: Jul 16, 2018, 08:38:45 PM »

Hello   Floydian,

on my renewal form it tells me to simply cut  up my licence  and return it back to Swansea , so i assume my new one will have my photo on it , of course im holding on to my current one until i get my new one, simply to make sure it is correct then ill send in my old one,

in the past when i filled in the form i also included my licence as well , and a week or so later my new licence arrived , complete with my picture on it,.

Alfred

« Reply #8 on: Jul 16, 2018, 08:44:42 PM »

hello Raven ,

when eventually you get your first renewal form, its very easy as mainly many questions are related to your health , but other wise its easy ,

so dont worry,  as once you go through the questions one by one, and fill in the relevant answers itll be o.k,  should you get it wrong all they will do is return it to you and mark what ever the question is that they want the answer to,

so once you get this form sit quietly and take your time filling in all the questions ,(you do have to include a two photos which you also send back to them , ) i think you have to sign on the back of the photo but the form will explain all this to you, 

which you can get in a photographers, or better still one of those photo booths, where you can get your photo while you wait , so dont worry its all very straight forward, if your worried you can phone them ,.

Raven

« Reply #9 on: Jul 16, 2018, 10:08:44 PM »
That's great, thanks Alfred.  :)

StephenM123

« Reply #10 on: Jul 17, 2018, 10:49:16 AM »
Our local pharmacy takes passport photos with a digital camera. He takes a few and produces the photos from the one that looks best and meets the guidelines. The DVLA will return photos outside the guidelines.

You need to be completely honest with the medical questions as otherwise you may receive a large fine and find you insurance invalid. If they have any query they will take this up with your GP or consultant. Unless there is serious cause for concern you will be able to continue to drive whilst they make enquiries. I am now on the waiting list for a triple bypass and have been told that I will be unable to drive for six weeks or more post surgery.