Author Topic: Cut pension credit  (Read 13781 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: Cut pension credit
« Reply #15 on: Jul 22, 2018, 05:49:18 PM »
I was a bit taken aback until I counted up on my thumbs and realised I do get a little more than £500 a week - and I have had folk moan at me over my 'gold-plated' pension!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

brian54

« Reply #16 on: Jul 22, 2018, 06:18:40 PM »
Rather than moaning about people getting say £3,000 per month pension these people should be thanked for the tax they pay.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #17 on: Jul 22, 2018, 06:24:17 PM »
Rather than moaning about people getting say £3,000 per month pension these people should be thanked for the tax they pay.
Hear, hear!
Mike

Bobcat

« Reply #18 on: Jul 22, 2018, 07:37:57 PM »
The spirit of Robin Hood is still alive in Brian. Lets rob the poor and give to the rich !!!

brian54

« Reply #19 on: Jul 22, 2018, 08:37:48 PM »
The spirit of Robin Hood is still alive in Brian. Lets rob the poor and give to the rich !!!
Sounds good to me. The richer people have worked for their money and pensions.

Phil

« Reply #20 on: Jul 22, 2018, 08:43:27 PM »

Brian, some people will never be grateful for tax-paying pensioners.

Our pensions just dropped off a tree, we didn't work for them or do without foreign holidays, new cars or every weekend in a pub.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Scrumpy

« Reply #21 on: Jul 22, 2018, 09:22:28 PM »

That’s right.. If some people have worked hard,saved,paid into a pension then they deserve the benefits it brings.
What I can’t understand is why ,on a weekly basis, you have to bloody brag about it.  I would love to know what you dream about Brian..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Hugh

« Reply #22 on: Jul 23, 2018, 06:42:08 AM »
I certainly don't get any where near £500 a week and my wife disable and I cannot even get carers allowance.

brian54

« Reply #23 on: Jul 23, 2018, 07:19:00 AM »
I was caring for my father and the Carers allowance stopped as soon as my state pension started to be paid. I was paid carers allowance when I was just getting my occupational pension.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #24 on: Jul 23, 2018, 07:36:49 AM »
I don't understand why the Carer's Allowance stops when the carer becomes eligible for the state pension. A person not caring for somebody sees their income increased by the OAP, but a carer doesn't - yet presumably the very concept of the Carer's Allowance recognises that caring for somebody has financial consequences which don't disappear when the carer qualifies for the OAP in his or her own right.
No axe to grind - I was already an OAP when Veronica became disabled.
Mike

fortyone

« Reply #25 on: Jul 23, 2018, 07:40:01 AM »
What I can’t understand is why ,on a weekly basis, you have to bloody brag about it.
Weekly????

sparky

« Reply #26 on: Jul 23, 2018, 07:53:59 AM »

Brian, There's work. then there's real work, which is completely alien to some of the more wealthy in society.

Raven

« Reply #27 on: Jul 23, 2018, 09:45:31 AM »
Sorry people but I find this Thread upsetting and cruel. I am one of those people who was on Pension Credits for a while AND, I worked hard all my life. My husband and I paid into a pension for our old age but it was in his name (my mistake) He divorced me just as he was about to retire and I lost everything, my home my lawyer made him sell and give me half but as the pension was in his name I lost it. I moved to a wee bungalow and still have it even though I spend a lot of time up North. I had to live on my State Pension and Pension Credits and it's well below £200 a week. I don't get them now because I have a partner even though I don't live with him 24/7 I spend several months spread out through the year in my own home, catching up with my kids, grandkids and friends. Where is my half of the pension? Some other female is claiming it, that's where it is and there's not a thing I can do about it, and believe me I've tried. So please tell me why the nasty attitude to people worse off than your self? You never know what's around the corner and what horrrible thing could happen, even to you.. >:( 

Bobcat

« Reply #28 on: Jul 23, 2018, 09:49:56 AM »
I don't understand why the Carer's Allowance stops when the carer becomes eligible for the state pension.

Carer's allowance is an "income replacement" benefit as is the state pension, and you can not claim two "income replacement" benefits at the same time.

Bobcat

« Reply #29 on: Jul 23, 2018, 09:52:56 AM »
Sorry people but I find this Thread upsetting and cruel.

Completely agree !! there are many many reasons why people end up having to claim pension credit through no fault of their own. I certainly don't want to live in a society that does not look after the less fortunate, they are not all "scroungers".