Author Topic: Boris and black letter boxes,  (Read 1205 times)

crabbyob

Re: Boris and black letter boxes,
« Reply #75 on: Aug 10, 2018, 12:35:49 PM »
Shakespeare in Gainsborough... lol... pearls before swine.... they have a good night there betting what colour come up next at the traffic lights... an old joke Bill, i think there used to only be one set of traffic lights at Marshall-Fowlers... 
every hill has a down side

Bill Stickers

« Reply #76 on: Aug 10, 2018, 01:30:31 PM »
Shakespeare in Gainsborough... lol... pearls before swine.... they have a good night there betting what colour come up next at the traffic lights... an old joke Bill, i think there used to only be one set of traffic lights at Marshall-Fowlers...

Marshall Fowlers, now long gone to Nairobi and India crabby. I like Gainsborough and the films they made too!

crabbyob

« Reply #77 on: Aug 10, 2018, 01:40:50 PM »
yes me too to both your statements...lol
i did a couple of months there rescuing machines that were taken to their Doncaster Foundry... but i do go about once a year to an auction in the town

Akbuk

« Reply #78 on: Aug 10, 2018, 01:47:56 PM »
Small Heath, Birmingham.
The wife & I have shopped there for years for spices, fruit & veg. No longer will the wife go there...........I get a shopping list.
Right from my early teens Ive been going in & out of that area, saw the odd burka years back, now its no longer odd, it would though be odd not to see many, many women there wearing them.
It doesn't intimidate me but my wife's comment was, "I feel out of place there"...............

IMO what BJ has done be it for his own ends or not, he has brought the debate to the fore. Would I ban it? I think I would seriously consider doing so........if my wife feels intimidated even when holding my arm, then something is wrong & I dare say many women may have the same thoughts.

Raven

« Reply #79 on: Aug 10, 2018, 02:45:52 PM »
Small Heath, Birmingham.
The wife & I have shopped there for years for spices, fruit & veg. No longer will the wife go there...........I get a shopping list.
Right from my early teens Ive been going in & out of that area, saw the odd burka years back, now its no longer odd, it would though be odd not to see many, many women there wearing them.
It doesn't intimidate me but my wife's comment was, "I feel out of place there"...............

IMO what BJ has done be it for his own ends or not, he has brought the debate to the fore. Would I ban it? I think I would seriously consider doing so........if my wife feels intimidated even when holding my arm, then something is wrong & I dare say many women may have the same thoughts.

I totally agree, no one from here should feel out of place walking down the street where they have all their lives. We don't get them this far north and when I was down in Perth a while back I came around the Isle in Tesco and there were two of them there. I didn't like the look they gave me at all, made me feel very uneasy. That was my only encounter with them and I didn't like it one wee bit. Yes I think we should ban the things, if they want to wear them then let them go to a country where it's the norm.

Bee

« Reply #80 on: Aug 10, 2018, 03:29:21 PM »
I have seen many women wearing the Niqab but never the Burka and it really doesn't bother me.
I abhor ignorance.

Akbuk

« Reply #81 on: Aug 10, 2018, 03:40:57 PM »
I have seen many women wearing the Niqab but never the Burka and it really doesn't bother me.

The Niqab is not the problem IMO.
Face to face used to be the saying.

crabbyob

« Reply #82 on: Aug 10, 2018, 03:49:39 PM »
i have seen plenty when changing flights in the middle east... i do people watching and watched their feet...lol... everything from trainers with a hint of jeans to beautiful slippers and silver anklets, and the eyes...lol.. some just slide over you, and other glare thru you, sometimes with glasses, sometimes with dark glasses, occasionally smiling eyes, sometimes you can taste hate and loathing, but at no time did i feel the dress was an asset, or in the least bit feminine, but often the men wore their national dress, now in that case it might be ok... but if the husband is marching about in a suit and shirt then its farcical if she is in the Burqa and he is in jeans and tee-shirt, and if they demand the right to dress this way they should be invited to leave...

fortyone

« Reply #84 on: Aug 10, 2018, 04:50:43 PM »
Leave.eu have an interesting take on it. One that is the likely reason the (current) Tory top dogs are running scared of Boris and trying to skewer him on this issue - with zero success it seems.

ronyork

« Reply #85 on: Aug 10, 2018, 05:26:18 PM »
Boris and Nigel . THE DREAM TEAM.

Alex22

« Reply #87 on: Aug 10, 2018, 06:31:47 PM »
That was a really interesting read thanks for posting BP. 

Akbuk

« Reply #88 on: Aug 10, 2018, 10:41:44 PM »
The attitude straight from the horses mouth.
My Asian plague landed on my today whilst I was watching the news, BJs comments popped up.
He said, what do you think about the burka?
I said, ban it (just for the hell of it).
Oh so your a BJ fan?

Bang I gave him both barrels.
Here's the Asian problem, the issue is the burka not BJ, BJ has only highlighted it.
No mate, the burka is good & Islam is a religion of peace.
There you go again, dead-end on the burka issue, dead end on the BJ issue, then its onto religion & peace. Stick to the issue, the burka.
Yeah well its a good thing!!
Why?
It stops other men looking at other men's women.
Is that right? But you look at my wife, you look at my daughter, you have offered to even marry a white woman. Do you expect all of those to wear a burka, should I make my wife & daughter wear one?
No.
Why?
Because they're not Muslim.
What if they converted?
WELL IN THE HUSBANDS CASE OR THE FATHERS HE SHOULD MAKE THEM.
FFS fella, go put the kettle on & whilst doing that, think about what you have just said. You've basically said, ALL Muslim women should wear a burka.
End of conversation.

This lad was born & bred in Birmingham and is well educated. His belief far outweighs the logic of ALL our values, education & equality. That folks, to me, is a major part of the problem, they truly & honesty think in what they say. These rules/beliefs though, only count when its suits them.
Now that only relates to the burka..............what other beliefs do these people actually have? Don't get me wrong, he's a nice enough fella & the son of a very good friend.
Got his head screwed on but somewhere down the line its cross threaded.   

Ashy

« Reply #89 on: Aug 11, 2018, 07:24:03 AM »
The vast majority of moslem women do not wear a face mask. The custom originates from Arabia long before mohamedanism was devised. Covering the face is offensive in British culture and should not be allowed in public.
Chairman, Campaign Against Organisations with Pointless Abbreviated Titles (COWPAT)

I'm not paying 1/- for that little bag, put the stuff in my hat