Author Topic: Painting of some of my Gt Grandchildren  (Read 5649 times)

fortyone

Re: Painting of some of my Gt Grandchildren
« Reply #30 on: Aug 11, 2018, 10:28:51 AM »
Em I had taken this picture off this forum and had asked fortyone to remove it which hasn’t happened so I am holding him responsible for your rude offensive and hurtful remark.
Gee thanks. I did take it down and then put it back when the misunderstanding about size was cleared up. As it was an attachment I can't remove it now because that post is too old to edit. I shall remember to refrain from offering assistance in future. If you want it taken down ask the moderator by reporting the post. If you need assistance with requesting that then I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Yellowbird

« Reply #31 on: Aug 11, 2018, 10:47:11 AM »
Please don’t be offended Fortyone I was so grateful for your help and have no desire to remove the picture I was hurt by remarks made and replied hastily which I regret. Please continue to support us amateur posters and accept my apology
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

fortyone

« Reply #32 on: Aug 11, 2018, 10:48:02 AM »
No problem. I guess I was annoyed and just kicked out myself so sorry for that.

Ashy

« Reply #33 on: Aug 11, 2018, 10:56:22 AM »
I hope you won't take it down YB, it shows real artistic talent.

Scrumpy

« Reply #34 on: Aug 11, 2018, 11:11:29 AM »

Lovely painting.. Children running to the ice cream van..

I think some people should think before making remarks that they know can hurt others. ...  I would be proud if this painting  were of my  grandchildren..

Em.. If you don't like sentimental tosh.. don't blinkin' look at it..

I am glad that you can't take it down Yellowbird.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #35 on: Aug 11, 2018, 12:33:41 PM »
Is it meant to be a painting of your great children or by your great children? Sorry,it leaves me cold.I have a heart of stone!!
You seem to enjoy hurting people - or at least trying to. Not an endearing characteristic.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Sheila

« Reply #36 on: Aug 11, 2018, 12:36:43 PM »
Well said Scrumpy and Michael. 

Emmy

« Reply #37 on: Aug 11, 2018, 12:44:39 PM »
Hear hear

granny moss

« Reply #38 on: Sep 18, 2018, 07:12:53 AM »
I like the painting. It is expressing and capturing a moment of childhood pleasure. The use of light and perspective is quite good. I would hang it on my wall. gmx

Yellowbird

« Reply #39 on: Sep 21, 2018, 06:05:33 PM »
Thanks GM only put it on to entice the amateur painters to put pictures on the forum, Never again couldn’t stand the hurt. i knew it wasn’t that good anyway but I am only an amateur
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

GrannyMac

« Reply #40 on: Sep 21, 2018, 08:11:22 PM »
One criticism and lots of praise is how I saw it. Take heart from the positives!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #41 on: Sep 21, 2018, 10:01:20 PM »
Bearing in mind I am a very amateur painter but enjoy it, I put the picture on for two reasons, one to see if I could,which I finally managed with several  of you helping me, two to provoke the painting group to start posting again which had been fun. If you have a four year old gt. grandchild Em that could paint like that praps you would be proud, however being compared to a child did hurt and upset me and ‘Sentimental Tosh’ has rather spoilt my enjoyment of it. Rest assured Em that you will not be required to wear a Burka as I will not post my paintings on this or any other forum again.This is my last word on this matter Em

The painting is actually very good & to me it captures the running of the children. I can't draw or paint but I know someone who studied fine art & they said that capturing motion is one of the hardest things to do when painting a picture.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Scrumpy

« Reply #42 on: Sep 22, 2018, 10:37:53 AM »

Well said Diasi..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.