Author Topic: cancer  (Read 167 times)

crabbyob

cancer
« on: Aug 13, 2018, 10:45:24 AM »
Image may contain: text
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Raven

Re: cancer
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2018, 12:40:19 PM »
How true is this.  :(  I'm 100% sure the drug companies play things down hard at times. After all they may have to go without a bob or two if they played fair., and that would never do. They are a bit like Politicians too rich and too powerful.

fortyone

« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2018, 12:48:15 PM »
It's true they won't develop a medicine unless they see a profit in it which is why there are so many third world illnesses with no readily available cure. I think cancer is different in as much as it is a class of disease rather than a specific single disease. There are suspiciouly many expensive medicines that offer an increase in life expectancy rather than cures though.

Bill Stickers

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2018, 01:47:16 PM »
Instead of spending £15bn a year on 'overseas aid', with Burka Central Pakistan getting the biggest cut, why not fund a National Cancer Research Laboratory, where any benefits discovered could be given to the World as a gift. 

Of course it won't happen as Tory Party corporate donation interests and Big Pharmaceutical's palliative cancer care treatments sales and future royalties always take priority

Akbuk

« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2018, 10:59:59 PM »
This issue over pharmaceutical companies in the US is now being tackled by the Trump administration.
These people lobbied Obama and co NOT to lower drug prices but to have the profits reinvested into said companies. It then came out about the CEOs wage packets, furthermore via linked distant companies, donations were traced to the Democrat Party.
I’m a real he/him.