Author Topic: Any lefties ?  (Read 229 times)

Alex22

Any lefties ?
« on: Aug 13, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »
Today is international left handers day  8)    It has been difficult as a cack hander living in a right hand world, of course today you can gets all sorts of items designed specifically for left handers,  but years ago you didn't hear of tin openers or scissors for cack handed folk.    We are clever and artistic  - allegedly.    ;D   

Any more lefties on here  ?

zoony

Re: Any lefties ?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2018, 06:17:01 PM »
Nowt sinister about me...dexter all the way.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2018, 07:05:51 PM »
me too zoon... my writing is cr*p but its not that great right handed
but i can shovel left and use a big hammer... even saw... and am getting better changing gear in the car....lol
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Traveller

« Reply #3 on: Aug 14, 2018, 12:53:40 PM »
My clan were supposedly all left handed.  More recent thinking is that they actually learned to be left handed because this gave them a tactical advantage in hand-to-hand fighting.  The family strongholds in the Scottish borders were built to suit and be defended by left-handed people.

My elder daughter is left handed and two uncles were also 'lefties'.

At primary school, when we still had 'dipping pens',  there were special pens for left handers.  Some people have said that this was very progressive - even in the 1950's.
You'll have had your tea.

fortyone

« Reply #4 on: Aug 14, 2018, 05:53:44 PM »
I had a real bad back some years ago that turned me into a Muslim for weeks. When I finally get the Dupuytren's op sorted for my right hand it will be out of operation for everything and not just toilet duties for several weeks. I guess that's when I find out how bad the world is for you lefties.

Alex22

« Reply #5 on: Aug 14, 2018, 08:46:07 PM »
I have Dupuytrens too Forty, my little finger is at right angles, it's a buggar getting me gloves on come winter  ;D

fortyone

« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2018, 10:00:12 PM »
I had it on my left hand ring finger which went down at right angles til I got it sorted. Gloves were impossible and pockets tricky. Completely buggered my ballroom dancing career too - far too many complaints from partners  :) .

That was 5 years or so back. Hand works ok but there is a big scar and it doesn't feel entirely right. No recurrence on that hand but the little finger on my right is way down. I was booked in but the doctors staff buggered up the paperwork and it got cancelled. By the time there was a fresh appointment available it would have taken too big a chunk out of my summer so I'm putting it off till this winter.