Author Topic: Good Morning Thread.  (Read 54114 times)

fortyone

Re: Good Morning Thread.
« Reply #390 on: Oct 23, 2018, 06:10:15 PM »
You should be careful with "practical" gifts crabby. I bought my wife an ironing board cover one Christmas. I think there are still some bits of it I couldn't get back out.  :(

zoony

« Reply #391 on: Oct 23, 2018, 06:17:52 PM »
Similarly, I bought a girlfriend, who had a steep garden with many stone steps, a large bag of gravel, sand and salt for a Christmas present. Gift-wrapped of course. We weren't together the following festive season.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

fortyone

« Reply #392 on: Oct 23, 2018, 07:54:41 PM »
Women eh?  ???

Bee

« Reply #393 on: Oct 23, 2018, 08:08:55 PM »
Similarly, I bought a girlfriend, who had a steep garden with many stone steps, a large bag of gravel, sand and salt for a Christmas present. Gift-wrapped of course. We weren't together the following festive season.

Zoony here is one woman that wouldn't say 'no' to a present like that. ;)
The only way is up....

crabbyob

« Reply #394 on: Oct 24, 2018, 06:44:22 AM »
you could be right about the boys toy Minnie
she is still at her daughters after a major op.
so only i am using it, but getting jealous looks from the neighbours
one asked if it was a Hoover...lol... they have marble floors here so dont use hoovers... i enjoyed telling her Hoovers 'suck'
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Raven

« Reply #395 on: Oct 24, 2018, 12:19:27 PM »
Morning, just back from the shopping in town, it's getting colder every day. The town has a lot of visitors the now as there's a big Surfing Competition on over the next few days. The waves are pretty big and fierce the now so rather them than me..

Scrumpy

« Reply #396 on: Oct 25, 2018, 10:41:20 AM »

Good morning.. Sunshine all the way here..
 I have learned how to load those sealant gun things and I am well chuffed..
 As I said on another thread , I am giving the Co-op a miss today and checking out Sainsbury... For no reason.. just an urge to go there..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

fortyone

« Reply #397 on: Oct 25, 2018, 10:55:36 AM »
Yes I noticed. Coop not stocking all your needs?

Raven

« Reply #398 on: Oct 25, 2018, 11:18:39 AM »
Morning, Am doing a final (i hope) grass cut and tidy up of the garden today, or as much as I can before the rain arrives. It's supposed to get a lot colder here over the next 24 hours, not that it isn't cold enough already. So done two of the lawns and one lawn to go, after I finish my coffee. Enjoy your day everyone..

Scrumpy

« Reply #399 on: Oct 25, 2018, 04:41:11 PM »
I cut my grass yesterday.. 
I have put my garden furniture under cover.. Over the weekend I will cut back on some of my plants.. I still have a lot of colour in the garden.

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #400 on: Oct 25, 2018, 04:51:15 PM »
How was the trip to Sainsburys Scrumpy ?  did you find anything for Christmas stockings ?Really cold here today and going to get worse, winter drawers on  ;D

Scrumpy

« Reply #401 on: Oct 25, 2018, 04:55:20 PM »
I haven’t been yet..
If they do a buy three get one free would you like anything. ?

Alex22

« Reply #402 on: Oct 25, 2018, 04:59:40 PM »
Can't think of anything at the moment Scrumpy, but always on the look out for a bargain of course.

crabbyob

« Reply #403 on: Oct 26, 2018, 02:47:19 AM »
have you tried Morrisons gammon joints...£2.70, really nice
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

granny moss

« Reply #404 on: Oct 26, 2018, 08:20:05 AM »
Good morning !!!!At 7 am it was totally black outside !!!!This is winter already.....Get ready for the on off depression moods that come and go with the light on and off......Dreamt I was a Pole dancing girl at the Posh pub across the road where I lived....Micky was there as my body guard...and the house I lived in and the rest, where now annexed to the pub and used as B&B.....When I dream, I really do it in style !!!! :D :D :D gmx