Author Topic: Good Morning Thread.  (Read 54128 times)

Scrumpy

Re: Good Morning Thread.
« Reply #510 on: Nov 15, 2018, 09:26:21 AM »

Good morning.. Very mild here so I think I will tidy garden. I still have some daisies in bloom.. My beautiful Acer was the deepest red and looked as though she was on fire.. One night of strong winds and most of the leaves fell..Looks like she was bleeding.

Sorry about my gammon joint being put on here.. I will transfer it over to another thread.. and whilst there I will mention Muslin Face Cloths. ;D
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Raven

« Reply #511 on: Nov 15, 2018, 09:34:04 AM »
Morning, A lot better weatherwise this morning, yesterday it just poured all day. Am off to the Beach for a good hoof with Dageus shortly and back in time to do lunch. Just housework for me after......Oh Joy.
Enjoy your day folks.

granny moss

« Reply #512 on: Nov 15, 2018, 09:59:41 AM »
A lovely day again. Sunny enough to look like spring...but chilly outside. I noticed I am getting a bit lazy....small chores piling up....then I bribe someone  to do them for a Fiver... :D ....It is like a game we play...I remember a friend saying to me: If you have money when you retire, you can have lots done for you....and enjoy a good life !....How true !.... ;) :D gmx

Scrumpy

« Reply #513 on: Nov 16, 2018, 06:22:25 PM »

Just eaten my first mince pie of the season... Only five more to go.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

crabbyob

« Reply #514 on: Nov 17, 2018, 04:45:47 AM »
tut !!! just about the only xmasy thing i miss is mince pies
and mistletoe  ;D    
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Alex22

« Reply #515 on: Nov 17, 2018, 05:42:31 PM »
I'm just settling down with a box of Maltesers  8)

Floydian

« Reply #516 on: Nov 17, 2018, 06:07:38 PM »

Just eaten my first mince pie of the season... Only five more to go.
Similar here! Shirl did some baking yesterday, the pastry was lovely but the mincemeat came from lidl, not bad but not as good as the more popular branded stuff like Robertson's. Ya live and ya learn!
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

Raven

« Reply #517 on: Nov 17, 2018, 08:28:47 PM »
Evening All from Lerwick, Having a lovely time up on Shetland. Bloody Cold but fair enjoying the place. In a wee pub tonight with a local band giving it laldy, really loud but very good. All this eating out is putting weight on me  ::)  will have to go on a strict diet when we return home. It's nice having some us time........For a change.  ;D

zoony

« Reply #518 on: Nov 17, 2018, 08:38:02 PM »
Good on yer girl. Fill yer boots..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #519 on: Nov 18, 2018, 08:21:42 AM »
We've been in Cheshire, watching a youth production of 'Oliver' which one of our granddaughters was in.  We had a beautiful drive home yesterday through the Peak District, the weather was glorious!

I'm off later to spend the day with our other granddaughter. Cinema this afternoon, some of the films aimed at children are great fun! 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #520 on: Nov 18, 2018, 04:09:05 PM »
Some of the best fims around are aimed at children.. One of my favourites is Nanny MCfee... Please excuse my spelling.

The sun has been shining all day.. I have had a stinker of a cold which started last Tuesday.. I think I have turned the corner... Why does a cold make you hungry.. ?

Scrumpy

« Reply #521 on: Nov 19, 2018, 10:22:19 AM »

It's getting cold here.. and it's raining.. My Acer trees are bare.. My cold is getting much better..
 Today I am having mashed potato and corned beef.. Easier for me to swallow..

crabbyob

« Reply #522 on: Nov 19, 2018, 12:23:34 PM »
we have had the back end of a hurricane or summit
the loudest thunder i have ever heard and the locals say they have never seen rain fall so heavy... dont ask me it was at 3.00a.m. i heard it but nah...lol
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Alex22

« Reply #523 on: Nov 19, 2018, 01:12:58 PM »
They need that rain in California, a few showers is all they can expect this week.Here it's a bit baltic this morning   ;D

crabbyob

« Reply #524 on: Nov 19, 2018, 01:15:01 PM »
oops it was a cyclone not a hurricane