Author Topic: Pension rise & Benefits discrimination by the DWP  (Read 6414 times)

crabbyob

Re: Pension rise & Benefits discrimination by the DWP
« Reply #30 on: Sep 11, 2018, 12:20:28 PM »
and the only country to attack us since the Romans... your history book is full of stuff, our is full of English.... thats why there has been so many bad feelings.... but as Granny was saying, we have contributed...lol... my mate used to say we invented the pedal cycle [kirkpatrick] so we could get to England easier..
i also use it as an excuse for our bad football results, over the past century every decent Scots footballer has been tempted south by your charm and welcoming smiles, and they enjoyed your company so much they settled here and married, thus draining our athletics gene pool and enhancing your own.. ;D :( :( :( ;D ... well thought out eh?
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michaelt

« Reply #31 on: Apr 14, 2019, 02:47:25 PM »
To one and all.  I have to inform you that due to lack of money and an ever ageing population, the government will eventually phase out the State pension, so people will be incentivized to make provisions for themselves, and not have to rely on hard working tax payers.

zoony

« Reply #32 on: Apr 14, 2019, 02:56:11 PM »
How very Brian..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #33 on: Apr 14, 2019, 04:42:44 PM »
The difference being Brian would support that move....
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #34 on: Apr 14, 2019, 05:36:03 PM »
To one and all.  I have to inform you that due to lack of money and an ever ageing population, the government will eventually phase out the State pension, so people will be incentivized to make provisions for themselves, and not have to rely on hard working tax payers.

A link to the source would be good.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

GrannyMac

« Reply #35 on: Apr 14, 2019, 07:46:51 PM »
Odd that its been raised significantly for current pensioners if the plan is to remove it. I think it more likely that Universal Basic Income may be implemented in the future.  Give everyone just enough to live on, a bit more for people with serious illnesses and disabilities that limit their ability to work, with the option to earn as much or as little as anyone wants.  Simple taxation could make it work.  Possibly.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #36 on: Apr 14, 2019, 08:03:30 PM »
Sadly I think there is some truth in this.   We are going towards the Australian style compulsory work pensions and they have a very small state pension topped up by a means tested one I believe.  So far this government have taken from the poor and less able to give to the rich so who is to say that any subsequent tranche of so called "austerity", should we have another economically alt right Tory government, won't go for the pensioner pound.  I don't think they would change our actual pension; I think they are more likely to change those who are approaching pension age but the could easily do away with our WFA, etc.  They have already frozen ex-pat pensions, Pension Saving Credit and altered the payment where one member of a couple is younger.  You could, I am sure, produce an argument to justify these but the Nasty Party tend to slide them in by the back door and not give any warning - not nice.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.