Author Topic: Latest from Formula One  (Read 9658 times)

StephenM123

Re: Latest from Formula One
« Reply #60 on: Sep 09, 2018, 01:51:59 PM »
I have signed this online petition for Ferrari to retain Kimi rather than replace him with a kid:- https://www.change.org/p/maurizio-arrivabene-ferrari-should-keep-kimi-raikkonen-for-another-year?

Hugh

« Reply #61 on: Sep 09, 2018, 03:21:53 PM »
They are bringing in a young drivers who they have trained for a long term contracts, should they do well. I don't think Vetttel will get his contract renewed, he will also be replaced by a young driver.

Hugh

« Reply #62 on: Sep 09, 2018, 06:05:39 PM »
I certainly will not sign it, he as made a fortune out of F1 and at 35, time to move on and give young blood a chance. One thing Kimi must do this year, ignore team orders and beat Vettel which will get a car else where.

Hugh

« Reply #63 on: Sep 14, 2018, 04:01:19 PM »
Singapore building up into the makings of a great race. Kimi Raikkonen of Ferrari going to be the one to watch. Pretty sure he going to do his best to overall Vettel lead of 64 points. To get a contract with another team he as got to impress them. For pole its likely to be Ferrari, for the race it self Red Bull cannot be ruled out. I hope Force India can collect more points.

JCBDriver

« Reply #64 on: Sep 14, 2018, 04:29:13 PM »
He has already announced he has signed to race for Sauber in a 2 year deal, as Ferrari have decided to go with the Frenchman Leclerc as a fresh face. So Kimi is back where he started his F1 career. I guess that his lack luster performance for most of this season was a factor. He is coming good to late for the musical chair round.

Hugh

« Reply #65 on: Sep 14, 2018, 06:41:18 PM »
I missed that JCB. But Kimi will still try to finish with Ferrari on an high, to get a good bonus which could be worth millions.

Hugh

« Reply #66 on: Sep 15, 2018, 03:22:33 PM »
Qualifying was very interesting, Lewis really  pulled one out of the bag, and so did Verstappen, as for Ferrari nothing went to plan and a surprise for many, who were expecting a Ferrari 1 2 with their speed. Looks like it as the making of an exciting  race tomorrow.

zoony

« Reply #67 on: Sep 16, 2018, 06:04:29 PM »
...Well, so much for an exciting race..Another procession with incidents, I thought. There were moments but generally rather a dull race.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #68 on: Sep 16, 2018, 07:49:51 PM »
Very much a parade zoony, very disappointing. As for force India the new owners cannot have been impressed. Both cars had a chance of some well needed points. Pleased that Verstappen got second place for Red Bull

Hugh

« Reply #69 on: Sep 17, 2018, 03:17:02 PM »
I feel sorry for Ocon, he as lost his drive with Force India for next year, and needed to put on a good show, only to have his team mate push him into the wall.

StephenM123

« Reply #70 on: Sep 17, 2018, 03:35:43 PM »
Very dull race with top six what you expect barring accidents or breakdowns. Alonso did well showing his class in the B race. Hamilton's title to lose now (hope he does)!

Hugh

« Reply #71 on: Sep 17, 2018, 08:48:07 PM »
Got to admit not fond Hamilton or Vettel their team mates have to do the hard work for them to win, and get very little credit for it. Team orders are spoiling many races.

Hugh

« Reply #72 on: Oct 01, 2018, 10:24:31 AM »
What can one say about the race in Russia. Bottas got pole position for the second time on the trot, and had full control of the race, but they would not allow him to win, and ordered him to allow their darling blue eyed boy Lewis Hamilton to over take and win the race. So much for Mercedes NO team orders. ??? ??? ??? ??? ???  What I have seen this year Bottas is far the better driver. I really hope Hamilton break down in every race for the rest of the season and allows Bottas a little winning glory. 

zoony

« Reply #73 on: Oct 01, 2018, 11:28:56 AM »
Not sure it's down to the drivers Hugh. Such tactics are purely financial in origin and come from on high. The driver/manufacturer championships are worth a lot of money to Mercedes and the money boys don't give a fig for driver's feelings.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #74 on: Oct 01, 2018, 11:53:15 AM »
Its constructors points table brings in the Money Zooney so Bottas coming in first a Hamilton second would have brought in the same amount of points.