Author Topic: What really annoys us now?  (Read 4559 times)

Chrisjay

Re: What really annoys us now?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 09, 2011, 10:03:02 PM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Deetta

« Reply #16 on: Apr 09, 2011, 10:36:16 PM »
Regarding speech and how we say it, it doesn't really matter, regional accents are so accepted now, which is a good thing, in the 1950's/60's such snobbery existed regarding accent.   I think it's quite nice that our individual local accents are thriving, we can be as broad as we like now.   I still have a Yorkshire accent even though I spent years away,  now I'm back in N. Yorks it's all coming back even more.

Chrisjay

« Reply #17 on: Apr 09, 2011, 11:46:36 PM »
I have no idea what I sound like a neighbour said the other day she could hear the Canadian but then some people say I sound like I come from Yorkshire and I have no idea what a Yorkshire accent sounds like but I am always pleased when there is a little bit of Canadian heard as to me that's me  :)

Deetta

« Reply #18 on: Apr 09, 2011, 11:51:33 PM »
Don't worry if you sound a bit Yorkshire, Chrisjay, there's nowt wrong wi' that!  ;)  I really like the Newcastle accent, and I make people from there talk to me just so I can enjoy it :)

caminito

« Reply #19 on: Apr 10, 2011, 11:09:57 AM »
Hi Chris
I have translated your posting into Yorkshire  ;D

I have no idea what I sound like a neighbour said the other day she could hear the Canadian but then some people say I sound like I come from Yorkshire and I have no idea what a Yorkshire accent sounds like but I am always pleased when there is a little bit of Canadian heard as to me that's me

http://www.whoohoo.co.uk/yorkshire-translator.asp

Ah av neya ideeur wha' ah soun' li' eur neighbour sez tutheur day shi could 'ear t' canadian bur then um fowk seh ah soun' li' ah belong Yorksha 'n ah av neya ideeur wha' eur Yorksha accent sounds li' bur ah'm allus suited when ther's eur lahl bit o' canadian 'eard as ta uz that's uz

Deetta

« Reply #20 on: Apr 10, 2011, 11:16:05 AM »
That's brilliant Caminito, it does look a bit like a foreign language when you see it written like that.   That's how I talk..... :)

caminito

« Reply #21 on: Apr 10, 2011, 11:25:06 AM »
innit ?  ::)

Deetta

« Reply #22 on: Apr 10, 2011, 11:28:57 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Chrisjay

« Reply #23 on: Apr 10, 2011, 12:04:28 PM »
Ah av neya ideeur wha' ah soun' li' eur neighbour sez tutheur day shi could 'ear t' canadian bur then um fowk seh ah soun' li' ah belong Yorksha 'n ah av neya ideeur wha' eur Yorksha accent sounds li' bur ah'm allus suited when ther's eur lahl bit o' canadian 'eard as ta uz that's uz

Ok now I know what I don't sound like  ;D ;D ;D now get back to work I'm still waiting for those stats  ;D ;D ;D

caminito

« Reply #24 on: Apr 10, 2011, 11:53:47 PM »
Maybe the government are going to do something at last  ???
So-called ‘Lycra louts’ are criticised for cycling on pavements, and ignoring the rules of the road by weaving between vehicles, switching lanes without giving notice and cycling through red lights.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1375553/Death-dangerous-cycling-New-offence-crackdown-bikers.html#ixzz1JACLm6SB

recycledteenager

« Reply #25 on: Apr 11, 2011, 01:10:15 AM »
People who call Jeremy Vine Germany Vine!

Wrinkles

« Reply #26 on: Apr 18, 2011, 10:23:30 PM »
Mangling English really gets my goat. I don't mean regional accents.
 It's mainly the young, I have a constant battle with my kids, the letter "T" seems to now be silent e.g. par-ee for party etc. Ya Know, Innit.

Re- Cam's translation here is a thing that had my kids thinking they could speak Spanish

Si Senor der dago fortay lorez y nar ow. Demay lorez demam trux fullac owz sun nens san dux
Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the hell happened?

caminito

« Reply #27 on: Apr 20, 2011, 04:20:54 PM »
Now that we are having a spell of good weather , unfortunately out come the football shirts and shorts ,which seem to be the nominated attire for men with "big bellies and flabby legs" . not forgetting they are always to be worn with black socks and sandals  :o
It's not an age thing . I saw some very nice men and ladies of an age , looking cool and very well presented . Some in shorts  !
The other problem is that with less clothing , more tattoos are exposed  . Men and women included.
One "lady" had so many tattoos over her back , shoulders,  arms and legs , it was hard to see any raw flesh !  :-[

Wrinkles

« Reply #28 on: Apr 21, 2011, 04:43:52 AM »
Oh! Yes, the more sun, the more flesh exposed and most of them obviously do not have any mirrors in the house, that or they are completely colour blind and as much sense of style as a tea cosy
Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the hell happened?

Chrisjay

« Reply #29 on: Apr 21, 2011, 09:06:31 AM »
Don't we sound like our parents  ;D ;D

But I agree sun = bare flesh (more than usual) and tattoo's and beer bellies and overweight women - unless I was 7 stone (which I'm not) I could not go out showing all - now in the privacy of my own home that's another matter :'(