Author Topic: What is wong with this country?  (Read 19244 times)

Yellowbird

Re: What is wong with this country?
« Reply #165 on: Sep 13, 2018, 12:43:01 PM »
True Crabbyob the child must be confused as well, I know I am, and not in a good way
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Audrine

« Reply #166 on: Sep 13, 2018, 10:22:13 PM »
Let us hope this child will grow up to have a decent view of life despite having parents who look like this. That goes for all children that have this disadvantage, I am sure there are many children. You might say looks shouldn't count, but honestly this couple is beyond extreme.

Akbuk

« Reply #167 on: Sep 13, 2018, 11:45:20 PM »
Surely some twisted logic on a comment made in the article. "The child will be brought up as a person", when is anyone not considered to be a person?

I need to throw this to you good folks when it comes to looks being deceiving.
My daughter has a real good job, she's on 40k a year with all the bells & whistles that comes with it. I don't know if 40K is a good wage but, she does 8 till 5, no travelling around the country etc.
To listen to her, she's polite, pleasant, real caring & a Mother of two. She would stand in front of anyone & pass the litmus test. Take her jacket off & put her in a low backed dress and..............she has the most spectacular tattoo that I've ever laid eyes on. It was done in China & took ten sessions, Geisha women with fans, birds, deer's..........to be fair, it looks like something from the Ming Dynasty like you see on the Antiques Road Show, those big vases that depicts a story.
Jacket back on & the last thing you would think is she has a tattoo of that size.

I’m a real he/him.

zoony

« Reply #168 on: Sep 13, 2018, 11:59:04 PM »
I hope I'm agreeing with Akbuk when I say who is anybody to judge somebody else on the evidence of one photo and some sensationalist 'reporting'? Part of me agrees with the knee-jerks but another part of me says "Never judge."
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Akbuk

« Reply #169 on: Sep 14, 2018, 12:08:13 AM »

I hope I'm agreeing with Akbuk when I say who is anybody to judge somebody else on the evidence of one photo and some sensationalist 'reporting'? Part of me agrees with the knee-jerks but another part of me says "Never judge."

Its exactly that Zoomy. What adults do legally is up to them, I will say though with these two guys/gals I personally wish that a child wasn't involved, both in the situation & in the photo. Kids can be cruel at school. I've got a well mannered 12 year old grandson but when it comes to anything "gayish" out he comes with the jokes. I think some people expected that attitude to change overnight, I say change but in many cases its being demanded.
I’m a real he/him.

zoony

« Reply #170 on: Sep 14, 2018, 12:15:21 AM »
'N'....
I'm sure that if a young boy wasn't involved there'd be no story. As there is it becomes sensational. Though that gives some confidence that eyes are on them because of their courting of the Press and their greed in lapping up the temporary limelight. The boy will grow up as he does and nobody knows how well or badly that might go.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Bee

« Reply #171 on: Sep 14, 2018, 04:11:14 AM »
In my view there are too many judgemental people in this country, all we know about this couple is what we have read in the paper for all we know they could be the most caring loving parents going and I would hazard a guess that their child will be bought up not to judge people by appearances or gender.

There are plenty of gay people in this country that are bringing up children, do you all judge them???

Years ago I went to school ( from infant school through to secondary school) with a girl that was adopted, her father when not at work always dressed in women's clothing, his prefered  clothing in the winter was a ladies hand knitted twin set which he knitted himself and a skirt, in the summer it was a blouse and skirt, not one person in the town judged that man everyone was friendly towards him and accepted him for what he was and none of the kids bullied his daughter.

It is about time that people accepted the fact that gays or transgender people can't help the way they are born.
The only way is up....

GrannyMac

« Reply #172 on: Sep 14, 2018, 07:23:52 AM »

Zoony, judging others is how most people react. We're programmed! However some of us, like you, realise we're being judgemental and take a step back. 

Yes the couple look different, but in an earlier post I mentioned a traditional married couple (which most think is still the norm) who were as far from loving parents as possible.  But that wasn't commented on. 🤔

Bee, you're spot on.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

granny moss

« Reply #173 on: Sep 14, 2018, 08:07:02 AM »
I have a grandson, he is very handsome, and very intelligent. Always smiling and well mannered. In his twenties. He lives at home with mum and dad. He has his own music group and have their own label. They have their own webb page. I was taken aback...he has one arm covered in very expensive tattoos....But he is  so lovable....He is also attending the UNI studying engineering....He is investing his money and has a very large black Mercedes Benz bought with his own money. I dislike tattoos....but I try not to judge negatively the ones that  have them. It is a very confusing world and I think That :" Live and let Live " is not a bad idea.....I keep telling myself : It is none of my business. I do what suits me and let the others do what they like best for themselves.....Amen to that. gmx

mick607

« Reply #174 on: Sep 14, 2018, 08:52:32 AM »
I know a lesbian couple who brought up their son, single parent lesbian btw.
He was bullied at school, never done a days work.All he knew was a home life surrounded by LGBT oddballs. At eighteen he went off to live with a man old enough to be his father. At twenty two he had gender reassignment surgery.
It's alright for some of you to start jumping up & down stamping your feet, but you don't have a grandson like this, if you did you would think differently.
Having a tattoo doesn't make a blind bit of difference or whether they earn £40k a year or not.

brian54

« Reply #175 on: Sep 14, 2018, 09:13:15 AM »
Surely some twisted logic on a comment made in the article. "The child will be brought up as a person", when is anyone not considered to be a person?

I need to throw this to you good folks when it comes to looks being deceiving.
My daughter has a real good job, she's on 40k a year with all the bells & whistles that comes with it. I don't know if 40K is a good wage but, she does 8 till 5, no travelling around the country etc.
To listen to her, she's polite, pleasant, real caring & a Mother of two. She would stand in front of anyone & pass the litmus test. Take her jacket off & put her in a low backed dress and..............she has the most spectacular tattoo that I've ever laid eyes on. It was done in China & took ten sessions, Geisha women with fans, birds, deer's..........to be fair, it looks like something from the Ming Dynasty like you see on the Antiques Road Show, those big vases that depicts a story.
Jacket back on & the last thing you would think is she has a tattoo of that size.

brian54

« Reply #176 on: Sep 14, 2018, 09:31:51 AM »

I don't think my 2 daughters are on £40,000 per year each but they are well in to the £30k. They keep on moaning that their friends have to have the most expensive car on PCP and the latest I phones when they have less income. Some of them are not saving for a pension and think my daughters are stupid doing that.
Even though my daughters are not in finance they have the sense to join their pension scheme but have modest cars.
They have seen adverts about mis sold interest only mortgages. They realised straight away if they took interest only mortgages no capital would be repaid leaving a big debt on retirement and possibly no inheritance for their children.
They have been fortunate their houses are now paid for with the help of both grandparents but they did not know this when they first purchased their house.
They are paying in some additional pension to make their retirement more comfortable. I hope none of their money will be taken to support people who have not bothered.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #177 on: Sep 14, 2018, 10:17:21 AM »
loving parents going and I would hazard a guess that their child will be bought up not to judge people by appearances or gender.

There are plenty of gay people in this country that are bringing up children, do you all judge them???

Years ago I went to school ( from infant school through to secondary school) with a girl that was adopted, her father when not at work always dressed in women's clothing, his prefered  clothing in the winter was a ladies hand knitted twin set which he knitted himself and a skirt, in the summer it was a blouse and skirt, not one person in the town judged that man everyone was friendly towards him and accepted him for what he was and none of the kids bullied his daughter.

It is about time that people accepted the fact that gays or transgender people can't help the way they are born.
In my view, there are too few judgemental people in this country. 
What we do know of one couple, is that he is a man who is transitioning to a woman and she is a woman who is transitioning into a man.  So we need more judgemental people who are going guestion the costs in Welfare and NHS treatments to enable this couple to transition - god alone knows what future demands might be put on Welfare and Health in the aftermath of the transition.   What we don't know are thing like:
a) Is the child a product of natural insemination and childbirth, at a time presummably before the man wanted to identify as a woman and the woman wanted to identify as a man. 
b) Since the couple decided each to identify as the opposite sex, does this change the nature of the sex act - does the man pretend to be a woman and the woman pretend to be a man, or do they continue with their rolls as their current genetalia suggests.
c) I'm puzzled how the couple might actually be considered Loving and Caring when both parents appear to be separated from their natural offspring whilst they go off and go through the painful process of having bits removed or having bits added. 
d) A bit too frivolous this, but will the bits removed for one parent be added to the pudenda of the other parent.

Akbuk

« Reply #178 on: Sep 14, 2018, 12:27:43 PM »
Well my attitude is, once you have a child your priorities change. I don't doubt that parents in same sex marriages give the love to a child if they have one.  There is though a bit more to this life than just giving love to a child in the home, its also about the wellbeing of the child outside the home. The parents do not stand in the play ground, they do not sit in the classroom or the school dining hall, they do not hear the comments..............the child does.
It can be a harsh & vicious world and it takes a bit more than love in the home for a child to grow up, healthy, wealthy & wise.
I am my Fathers son, I would like to think I have his morals & standards (some), we never had sisters. My three sons I would like to think/know have some of my morals & standards. My daughter in many respects follows my wife's morals & standards. That's how it works & has from the year dot. Can same sex marriages where a young child is involved offer the same I wonder?

I’m a real he/him.

Audrine

« Reply #179 on: Sep 14, 2018, 03:58:05 PM »
I am sure there are loads of gay parents but bringing up children they should at least try to appear normal not like a couple of freaks. I pity the poor children at school. Much teasing I am sure.