Author Topic: What is wong with this country?  (Read 19241 times)

brian54

Re: What is wong with this country?
« Reply #180 on: Sep 14, 2018, 04:50:49 PM »
There are too many scroungers getting council houses for 50p a year and there are many work shy people.

GrannyMac

« Reply #181 on: Sep 14, 2018, 04:55:37 PM »
Then the school should educate their pupils not to bully and tease.  Of course much of that behaviour will be learnt at home. 

The appearance of many adults seems strange to me, with facial piercings, tattoos on show and odd hairstyles and colours.  But then i remember punks, new romantics, mods and rockers, beatniks and teddy boys.  All shocking to the older generation of the time. 

This was a reply to Audrine, not to a myth about 50p rent!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

brian54

« Reply #182 on: Sep 14, 2018, 05:08:03 PM »
Then the school should educate their pupils not to bully and tease.  Of course much of that behaviour will be learnt at home. 

The appearance of many adults seems strange to me, with facial piercings, tattoos on show and odd hairstyles and colours.  But then i remember punks, new romantics, mods and rockers, beatniks and teddy boys.  All shocking to the older generation of the time. 

This was a reply to Audrine, not to a myth about 50p rent!
The 50p rent must be true. Several people in the pub have told me they pay 50p a year rent after they have had 9 pints.

Akbuk

« Reply #183 on: Sep 14, 2018, 06:10:19 PM »
Will the day come when a midwife says, "congratulations, its a person".
I’m a real he/him.

brian54

« Reply #184 on: Sep 14, 2018, 06:14:54 PM »
I have only had a midwife say to me congratulations it is a girl.

Akbuk

« Reply #185 on: Sep 14, 2018, 06:36:47 PM »

I have only had a midwife say to me congratulations it is a girl.

We had three boys first, last up was a daughter. The wife had made it plain that a daughter was a must for her. My wallet had many a sleepless night.
I’m a real he/him.

mick607

« Reply #186 on: Sep 14, 2018, 06:43:34 PM »
There are too many scroungers getting council houses for 50p a year and there are many work shy people.

Those receiving pension credit get ALL their rent & council tax paid in full. Nice when you can get it.

Scrumpy

« Reply #187 on: Sep 14, 2018, 07:29:37 PM »
The 50p rent must be true. Several people in the pub have told me they pay 50p a year rent after they have had 9 pints.

Brian .. After NINE PINTS.. People tend to talk cr*p.. Wise up man...
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #188 on: Sep 15, 2018, 12:29:20 PM »
Yet another example, and it just gets sillier and sillier. Apparently an unnamed senior officer in the Metropolitan police was briefing colleagues during which he discussed the need to be faultless and above reproach in carrying out enquiries. Sounds reasonable doesn't it? However, he used the phrase "whiter than white". As a result he is now under investigation by the police watchdog for investigation and has been placed on restricted duties whilst the independent office for police conduct investigates and has reportedly been warned the enquiry may take a year to complete. Absolutely bloody crazy!
Mike (source, Daily Telegraph 15-9-18)
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #189 on: Sep 15, 2018, 12:53:48 PM »
Just plain crazy, whiter than white wrong there's as got to be more to the story than that. Moving to darker side in Star Wars will have to be banned if that's the case.

Traveller

« Reply #190 on: Sep 15, 2018, 01:00:11 PM »

The only thing the midwife said to me was "If you're going to faint,  fall that way" ! 
No worry, I'm made of sterner stuff than that.
You'll have had your tea.

Akbuk

« Reply #191 on: Sep 15, 2018, 01:25:52 PM »

The only thing the midwife said to me was "If you're going to faint,  fall that way" ! 
No worry, I'm made of sterner stuff than that.

I was present at every birth, coffee shop or in the hospital grounds having a cigarette. I stood on for the joy but from a distance.
I’m a real he/him.

zoony

« Reply #192 on: Sep 15, 2018, 03:11:22 PM »
My new-born son was put in my lap, the midwife clamped the cord and gave me a pair of surgical scissors and told me to cut it. That was weird..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #193 on: Sep 15, 2018, 03:24:13 PM »
Just plain crazy, whiter than white wrong there's as got to be more to the story than that. Moving to darker side in Star Wars will have to be banned if that's the case.
What really gets to me over this is we now have a senior police officer, through - to my mind - no fault of his own on restricted duties (I.e. not doing all he is being paid for) being investigated - at the taxpayers expense - by other officers when they could be doing something useful!
Mike  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Akbuk

« Reply #194 on: Sep 15, 2018, 06:53:00 PM »

My new-born son was put in my lap, the midwife clamped the cord and gave me a pair of surgical scissors and told me to cut it. That was weird..

I would've needed a dotted line at the very least. ;D ;D ;D ;D 
I’m a real he/him.