Author Topic: Getting the homeless out of Windsor.  (Read 1510 times)

Scrumpy

Re: Getting the homeless out of Windsor.
« Reply #15 on: Oct 11, 2018, 10:10:52 AM »

Oh em... I am so thick.. I was never very good at sums..
  Sorry Brian.. Guess you DID work in finance then..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

« Reply #16 on: Oct 11, 2018, 10:11:15 AM »
Brian's arithmetic is correct,Scrumpy.There are three 8hour shifts in a day.3x16=48

We are members of the RLA & the NLA.

We only operate in high-end properties in the South East area so we don't have any of the issues that you'll see on the TV programmes such as Nightmare Tenants, Can't Pay etc but we do get almost daily reports from our associations & 40 people in a 3 bedroom property is not uncommon, especially in parts of London.

What happens is that the landlord gets a letting agent to find a tenant & manage the property but the tenant then, unkown to the landlord or the agent, sublets to 40 other people.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

em

« Reply #17 on: Oct 11, 2018, 11:22:23 AM »
Thank you for your reply,Scrumpy.You are certainly not thick! It was more like a puzzle designed to trip you up.

Johned

« Reply #18 on: Oct 11, 2018, 04:22:15 PM »
Well said fortyone; that brought a smile to my lips! 

Ashy

« Reply #19 on: Oct 11, 2018, 04:32:20 PM »
There is a flaw in this arithmetic, although 48 poles could live in a 3 bed house in three shifts, where do they go when they are not out of the house for 16 hours?

brian54

« Reply #20 on: Oct 11, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »
There is a flaw in this arithmetic, although 48 poles could live in a 3 bed house in three shifts, where do they go when they are not out of the house for 16 hours?

They could walk the streets.

fortyone

« Reply #21 on: Oct 11, 2018, 04:35:37 PM »
That's the trouble Ashy - we're not as smart as them there Poles because they know how to do it while we struggle with the sums.

fortyone

« Reply #22 on: Oct 11, 2018, 05:19:36 PM »
Ah - I've just found out what some of the comments in here were about. Yet another soddding royal wedding and I only just found out. I must clearly be reading the correct news sources. :)