Author Topic: Plans to reward hard working families.  (Read 1919 times)

brian54

Plans to reward hard working families.
« on: Oct 12, 2018, 10:49:12 AM »

I notice income tax cuts are being put as a priority to reward hard working families.
I hope these cuts will apply to people who have saved for private / occupational pensions as well.
They are far more important than the homeless or people who are being paid any form of benefit except for the standard state pension.
Single parents should have their benefits cut except for ones whose husbands / wives who have died

Diasi

Re: Plans to reward hard working families.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2018, 10:53:13 AM »
I notice income tax cuts are being put as a priority to reward hard working families.
I hope these cuts will apply to people who have saved for private / occupational pensions as well.
They are far more important than the homeless or people who are being paid any form of benefit except for the standard state pension.
Single parents should have their benefits cut except for ones whose husbands / wives who have died

I thought there was some mention on the today's news that the tax cuts will be shelved in order to boost welfare spending.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2018, 11:17:14 AM »
That's the headline in the Telegraph
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

fortyone

« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2018, 11:37:10 AM »
Indeed it is...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/10/11/chancellor-will-shelve-plans-cut-income-tax-put-money-universal/

Most won't be able to read the story as a subscription is needed.

From what I recall seeing the Tories are running scared that the Universal Credit rollout will turn out to be as popular as Maggies Poll Tax. Yes - that's just becoming visible at the bottom of the article before it fades out

Ashy

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2018, 11:40:27 AM »
I would prefer to see a reduction in indirect taxes.

Johned

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2018, 12:59:56 PM »
The Poll Tax was a fair system where each individual paid for the public services he/she enjoyed.  We are now back to the idea of the householder paying the full community charge whack for everyone under his roof.  Yet he may have offspring whose income is higher than is his or hers!  Hardly fair.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2018, 03:13:29 PM »
The Poll Tax was a fair system where each individual paid for the public services he/she enjoyed.  We are now back to the idea of the householder paying the full community charge whack for everyone under his roof.  Yet he may have offspring whose income is higher than is his or hers!  Hardly fair.
What's wrong with the householder ensuring the whole family chips in?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2018, 04:13:49 PM »

The poll tax is a much fairer system, but don't expect our politicians to introduce anything that makes sense, Thatcher, the lady that was not for turning, bottled it at the very beginning . when it started to get a bit rough going.
 .For instance , at the time, our elderly 80+ year old  retired neighbour in his quaint but what had become a desirable valuable  cottage,  where he  had lived for donkeys years, was having to pay more in council tax, less his paltry 25% discount, than we 3 working adults at that time, in our bungalow,

brian54

« Reply #8 on: Oct 12, 2018, 04:35:33 PM »
The poll tax was the fairest  tax which ever happened. It is people who use resources not houses.
The Thatcher days were great days for making money. I did realise they could not go on for ever so I ploughed a lot of money in to my pension so to some extent I am still living the Thatcher days. Sadly some people I worked with saw no further than the end of their nose and are now living on state pensions in council property.

fortyone

« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2018, 04:38:17 PM »

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Oct 12, 2018, 06:12:08 PM »

. ‘There Goes that song again. Over and over,and over again.’
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

biglouis

« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2019, 11:48:32 PM »
Hard working families. Hmmmm. What about hard working single people? We subsidise people with children to a disgraceful degree,

Yes I agree that the poll tax was fairer because everyone had to pay something. But it did not go far enough. People who bring children into the world should have to pay something for the facilities they use and not parasite off childfree people as now. The council tax system is a corrupt scam whereby a single pensioner with just too much income to claim any kind of rebate is subsidising the selfish family next door.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.