Author Topic: Was anyone on here ever a punk???  (Read 627 times)

Alfred

Re: Was anyone on here ever a punk???
« Reply #30 on: Oct 23, 2018, 07:01:50 PM »

No but i remember those times. seeing girls in mini skirts, riding on mopeds, and  scooters even on the backs of motor bikes, was a delight, and some thing to see, but then, like now, there was lots of beautiful ladies around , and they brightened up my day, and every other  red blooded mans too,
i think there were some accidents as many men weren't looking where they were going as a result,   :D

it was during the late 50s that i met my wife and she turned my head ,even today 60 years on she still turns my head as i wonder what she is muttering about, as i wonder was it something  i said, ;D ;D

Bee

« Reply #31 on: Oct 23, 2018, 07:39:46 PM »
I don't think you will ever find out Alfred. ;D
I abhor ignorance.

Audrine

« Reply #32 on: Oct 23, 2018, 09:00:55 PM »
Goodness I hope those peekaboo knickers were pretty ones Scrumpy.
Actually  you would be in fashion now as women are wearing skirts much shorter than minis. OK but there is surely an age limit. Some of those women are far to old to be showing their what nots.I mean where is modesty when you reach the age of say sixty.  Good sense of humeur Scrumpy. I had a laugh.

crabbyob

« Reply #33 on: Oct 24, 2018, 06:22:05 AM »
take no notice Scrumpy
some women were old at forty
while others [generally who smile a lot]
grow old disgracefully
i like a woman who has life in her
and is not afraid to smile at anyone
every hill has a down side

GrannyMac

« Reply #34 on: Oct 24, 2018, 07:48:30 AM »
Goodness I hope those peekaboo knickers were pretty ones Scrumpy.
Actually  you would be in fashion now as women are wearing skirts much shorter than minis. OK but there is surely an age limit. Some of those women are far to old to be showing their what nots.I mean where is modesty when you reach the age of say sixty.  Good sense of humeur Scrumpy. I had a laugh.

I doubt they're any shorter than the minis back then!  I dont see any women of pension age in really short skirts, most of us wear jeans or trousers these days. 
'Political correctness is what right wing bigots call what everybody else calls being polite'.

Iain Banks

GrannyMac

« Reply #35 on: Oct 24, 2018, 07:51:26 AM »
take no notice Scrumpy
some women were old at forty
while others [generally who smile a lot]
grow old disgracefully
i like a woman who has life in her
and is not afraid to smile at anyone

You're right, some people are old all their lives.  Smiling is good for us, I'd rather have laughter lines than a scowl! 

'If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours'.  😃😀😊
'Political correctness is what right wing bigots call what everybody else calls being polite'.

Iain Banks

Johned

« Reply #36 on: Oct 24, 2018, 12:07:26 PM »
I don't really like ladies wearing trousers, having said that I am not being lewd; I would not like them to walk around unclothed and feeling chilly about the nether regions. What I mean to say is I like the elegance of dresses and skirts.  There again, I don't really move with the times.  I invariably wear a collar and tie which today seems rather "des rigeur" as the French say and, of course, Tony Blair, whom God preserve, advocated the abandonment of ties saying they were not necessary.  Having left my very minor public school in 1951, I always liked wearing a blazer or sports jacket from then on and on the advent of the Teddy Boy thought they looked anachronistically comical. 

crabbyob

« Reply #37 on: Nov 19, 2018, 05:37:07 PM »
mini skirts were absolutely amazing, i was never sold on hot pants
but mini skirts [just below sea level] were utterly wonderful

Floydian

« Reply #38 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:40:15 PM »
Couldn't agree more crabby. I loved seeing women in those really short skirts, especially going up those really steep stairs in woolworths, lol.  :o
Thy shalt not covet thy neighbours wife's ass...

Johned

« Reply #39 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:34:52 PM »
Leaving our local railway station (sorry BBC, not "train station") last Saturday evening, I encountered a cohort of young and lovely ladies embarking on the train going on the customary clubbing jaunt to our local big city.  One lass to my ancient old eyes, was particularly striking.  She was very pretty with blonde hair to her shoulders.  Wearing a fur bolero and strands of beads, she was shod in very high heels with black stockings.  What really took me aback though, was the fact she appeared to be wearing a black one piece swimsuit.  It took me back to our courting days in the early fifties.  My ma in law would never have allowed her daughter (now my Mrs for 61 years) out of the house in such apparell!  How times change.

zoony

« Reply #40 on: Nov 19, 2018, 11:54:43 PM »
Couldn't agree more crabby. I loved seeing women in those really short skirts, especially going up those really steep stairs in woolworths, lol.  :o

I have an abiding memory of those few years of short skirts before tights became ubiquitous. I always tried to get on the bench seat opposite the stairs. Patience was often rewarded by glimpsing the holy grail of young boys of a certain age...the stocking tops of a lovely leg gripped intimately by the suspenders.
Content with little but a little more would be nice.

crabbyob

« Reply #41 on: Nov 20, 2018, 02:44:48 AM »
i hated garters, tho not initially  ;D

Dave G

« Reply #42 on: Dec 05, 2018, 10:12:42 AM »
I was never a punk, but we had our share here in Australia. I still see the odd one around. Music wise I was just the opposite. A hard rocker as compared to punk rocker. Saw a young girl recently with vivid purple hair- I really admired her look. She was too young to understand when I said her hair represented my all time favourite rock band. Nothing like the young to put you in your place.  ;D  What do others think of the new "body art" look?
Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.