Author Topic: For anyone who is interested................  (Read 731 times)

Maywalk

For anyone who is interested................
« on: Apr 08, 2011, 11:06:13 AM »
in how things went with the the telephone interview with Dermot O'Leary yesterday I can say that I have heard from the producer to say that it will be on the radio at approximately at 3-50pm tomorrow-Saturday 9th of April.  
Unfortunately the news cut into the piece of music I chose but it is a very long piece so thats understandable.
I have NO idea how it went but just have to hope that it can be understood by any who is listening at that time :)

Hugh

Re: For anyone who is interested................
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2011, 08:00:06 PM »
Hello Maywalk missed your program in the afternoon but thankfully it was on BBCI player. The interview went quite well, I like your interpretation of run rabbit run. I don't think you was very impressed when he mentioned G.I.sss Great piece of music you chose

Maywalk

« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2011, 08:28:27 PM »
Hi Hugh.

Thanks for getting back to me and that was Flanagan and Allens interpretation of "Run Rabbit Run".  :D

YES I was rather taken aback when he asked me if I had married a GI. I think he must have had his dates mixed up because I was only just coming up to 11 when I was evacuated which was 1941 and the war finished in 1945 and I was only 15 then. There were NO yanks around then, they were all  on their way home.  :)

Some kind gentleman from another forum sent me a recording of the interview and if anyone would like to hear it I will post it on here. 

caminito

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2011, 09:11:31 AM »
Good morning Maywalk
Like Hugh , I listened to the programme on Iplayer yesterday evening !
Well done , I enjoyed your conversation  ;D

Maywalk

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2011, 09:35:48 AM »
Good Morning to you too Cam and thankyou for letting me know that you too have heard the interview.

I have had quite a few lovely e-mails from various folk that I know and they too have said it was interesting.
At this rate my head will be to big for my shoulders. ;)