Author Topic: Why get your children to pay.  (Read 1370 times)

brian54

Why get your children to pay.
« on: Oct 19, 2018, 03:24:28 PM »
I have had a couple of people remarking the grandparents mainly pay the bill when we go out.
I don't see anything wrong with that. Less inheritance tax to pay when the time comes or less available for care fees.

sparky

Re: Why get your children to pay.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2018, 03:31:31 PM »
Brian does money dominate your thoughts 24/7

Bobcat

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2018, 05:34:45 PM »
Yes

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2018, 05:44:30 PM »
My grandchildren aren't old enough to pay.  If we're with them, its our treat. If our son or daughter is there they pay most of the time, they're working and much better off than we pensioners.  But regardless of who pays, no one passes comment about it.  Lots of nosy parkers where you live Brian. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

firenze

« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2018, 06:27:45 PM »
Brian appears to make waves for the sake of making waves, it's rather sad to use a friendly exchange between mature people as a platform.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2018, 09:38:04 PM »
I have had a couple of people remarking the grandparents mainly pay the bill when we go out.
I don't see anything wrong with that. Less inheritance tax to pay when the time comes or less available for care fees.

Well if I end up in a care home I won't be paying anything towards my stay & my estate won't be paying any inheritance tax either.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

fortyone

« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2018, 10:20:37 PM »
Brian appears to make waves for the sake of making waves
I don't think it's just waves - he makes everything up. Do you really believe in all these strange characters and events that appear in his posts. Everything but everything is pure fiction.

He is probably penniless living in a hovel and cheating on benefits for all we know. Why believe anything at all.?

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2018, 11:07:56 PM »
In the words of the old song. 'More to be pitied than censured..'.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

brian54

« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2018, 11:16:31 PM »
I don't think it's just waves - he makes everything up. Do you really believe in all these strange characters and events that appear in his posts. Everything but everything is pure fiction.

He is probably penniless living in a hovel and cheating on benefits for all we know. Why believe anything at all.?
you can come and meet me at the 4am running club and some of the members will confirm that is not the case.

fortyone

« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2018, 08:50:03 AM »
In the words of the old song. 'More to be pitied than censured..'.
Probably. I have known people like Brian in the real world who live in their own fantasy world and spin ridiculous stories to any who will listen.

In the real world you can usually avoid such people but if you enjoy visiting a place and the nuisance keeps appearing it can be tedious. I suppose the answer should be don't read threads started by them but reading the put downs and completely off topic responses are often more interesting than some genuine threads on topics that don't interest me.

Alex22

« Reply #10 on: Oct 20, 2018, 01:03:55 PM »
Brian is a bit of a mystery (another one  :) )  he takes a lot of stick but he bounces back - sad that he seems to be oblivious to the reasons he gets the stick !     IF as he says Brian has been to university, you'd think he could come up with a topic that doesn't involve money, pensions or his Dad's house.   The 4 am club may have been amusing last year, but it drones on a bit now.
Come on Brian, you're a valued member of PF so let's be having you - how do you feel about Brexit ?   ;D ;D

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Oct 20, 2018, 02:26:48 PM »
Jeez Alex!...You'll give the man a stroke!...(That came out wrong. :-[ )
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Alex22

« Reply #12 on: Oct 20, 2018, 08:18:03 PM »
Jeez Alex!...You'll give the man a stroke!...(That came out wrong. :-[ )
;D ;D