Author Topic: New Town same story  (Read 5040 times)

sparky

Re: New Town same story
« Reply #30 on: Oct 21, 2018, 07:54:18 AM »

Multiculturalism is working better than you think 

Multiculturalism is not working and will never work, in a million years, with people from countries with such totally different accepted practices and cultures of Brits.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #31 on: Oct 21, 2018, 09:20:44 AM »

Multiculturalism is working better than you think 

Multiculturalism is not working and will never work, in a million years, with people from countries with such totally different accepted practices and cultures of Brits.
I do wonder how well multi-culturism can work - and if so, where. Just think of the numerous examples of it not working even in just the last 150 years. India/Pakistan, Ireland, Cyprus, South Africa - in fact almost anywhere in sub-Sahara Africa, Sunni/Shiite, Jew/Arab in the Middle East - the more you think about it, the more examples spring to mind - so why should it work in the UK?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #32 on: Oct 21, 2018, 09:24:46 AM »
If professional journalists and media personnel understood the decision to ban reporting for a specific trial, then the actions of Tommy Robinson would appear to be more about him and his ego than any thought of justice for the victims.

https://www.richieallen.co.uk/reporting-restrictions-in-grooming-gang-trials-are-vital-in-the-pursuit-of-justice/
GrannyMac,
Wierd, and selective, point of view you alight on here.

You seem to assume that the statement "If professional journalists and media personnel understood the decision to ban reporting for a specific trial..." makes a point.  It doesn't.  Professional Journalists and Media Personnel tried to get the ban on reporting overturned. 
You overlook the fact that the self same "professional journalists and media personnel" have, like you, flawed judgments.  If we are expected to trust jounalists and media professional we should discard any Judgement McPherson makes about Journalists and Media Professionals.  I tend to the view that Jouralists and Media professional "want their cake and eat it".  They require the freedom to expose, and often prejudge, people, whether they be ordinary people, or celebs, well before cautions or arrests have been made by the police.  On the other hand,  many of them want secracy when sensitive issues of race or religion involved.  In other words, they are partial, they want held in camera things they hold dear to their own liberal sensitivities, yet they hunt down with a pack mentality the likes of Cliff Richard.
I suggest you fall into the same trap.

What Tommy Robinson did was about his own politics and ego, at least that is true.  But there were loads of respectable newspapers appealing to the Judge to lift reportings restrictions.  So, these Journalists and Media Professions, were demanding of the Judge that reporting restriction be lifted.  The actions of Robinson were the actions the Press want to do anyway.   
At the end of the day, it is about Partiality and Double Standards - let's hide the awkward things of fact that give ammunition to racists and bigots, seems to be your take.

GrannyMac

« Reply #33 on: Oct 21, 2018, 09:38:28 AM »
They may have appealed, but they didn't break the restrictions.  The point I tried to make was just that.

As for flawed judgement, quite likely. I would suggest everyone has at times.  However, this is a pensioners' forum,  not an academic arena, so all opinions, and posting styles are valid IMO apart from personal comments.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #34 on: Oct 21, 2018, 10:33:35 AM »
... but they didn't break the restrictions.
GrannyMac,
The question you might ask is: why did not the national press get the reporting restriction lifted?  I suspect for the same reason I meantioned before:  keep things of fact secret so they don't upset the locals.  Liberals (a misnomer) - just a prejudiced group of people who want to lock up anyone who disagrees with them.

fortyone

« Reply #35 on: Oct 21, 2018, 10:36:49 AM »
Can't have been much of a commentator. All he had to do was say that in the x corner - that's to the right of your screen as you look at it, is Bloggs, and in the other corner is Buggins. Solved without upsetting anybody's thin skin (regardless of colour)
Mike
I don't watch boxing but I have an idea that they move out of the corners  :)   

crabbyob

« Reply #36 on: Oct 21, 2018, 10:43:04 AM »
Farty you stole my thunder....lol... yes the swines move around the ring as their arms are not long enough to reach corner to corner...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

GrannyMac

« Reply #37 on: Oct 21, 2018, 10:59:25 AM »
GrannyMac,
The question you might ask is: why did not the national press get the reporting restriction lifted?  I suspect for the same reason I meantioned before:  keep things of fact secret so they don't upset the locals.  Liberals (a misnomer) - just a prejudiced group of people who want to lock up anyone who disagrees with them.

The question I will ask is 'Who would have benefited from the restrictions being lifted?' The answer might be 'the perpetrators'. Everyone knows who the criminals are now, the verdict and their sentences.  The 'locals' included young girls, and in some instances their families who had been intimidated and threatened by the gang of thugs and rapists.  The legal reasons were concerns that information from one trial might affect a separate trial, as there were several at different times. If there had been one trial for all the accused, with one jury, then there well may have been no restrictions.

I now await yet another investigation into the failure of the statutory agencies to safeguard vulnerable minors.

R. Gervais

crabbyob

« Reply #38 on: Oct 21, 2018, 11:07:05 AM »
yes Granny Mac the lillywhites are now saying it not those Pakistani fault
it is the fault of whoever allowed those girls to get into that situation... i view that accusation like if i kill someone on a pedestrian crossing then we should send whoever decided to site the crossing there to prison INSTEAD of me..
these sub-humans who we are expected to embrace are not happy with the way we live, the English are not allowed to fly there flag, in my opinion if my flag flying in my country offends you then i will quite willingly poke yer eye out as you get on the plane to the country where the regularly burn the same flag
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

GrannyMac

« Reply #39 on: Oct 21, 2018, 11:13:49 AM »
yes Granny Mac the lillywhites are now saying it not those Pakistani fault
it is the fault of whoever allowed those girls to get into that situation... i view that accusation like if i kill someone on a pedestrian crossing then we should send whoever decided to site the crossing there to prison INSTEAD of me..
these sub-humans who we are expected to embrace are not happy with the way we live, the English are not allowed to fly there flag, in my opinion if my flag flying in my country offends you then i will quite willingly poke yer eye out as you get on the plane to the country where the regularly burn the same flag

Of course its the fault of the grooming gangs, who are mainly of Pakistani origin.   Any individual or worse, organised group, who preys on vulnerable people must be dealt with severely. Long prison sentences and deportation if they aren't UK citizens.   However, police and social services were alerted, certainly in Rotherham, and didn't take action, which left young women, children and their families with nowhere to turn.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #40 on: Oct 21, 2018, 11:20:03 AM »
I don't watch boxing but I have an idea that they move out of the corners  :)
Not until the bells goes - and having worked out that Bloggs is the white guy and Buggins isn't - how difficult it that?
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #41 on: Oct 21, 2018, 11:21:44 AM »
Farty you stole my thunder....lol... yes the swines move around the ring as their arms are not long enough to reach corner to corner...
I quote my above answer to the honourable member
Mike  ;D ;D

crabbyob

« Reply #42 on: Oct 21, 2018, 12:16:39 PM »
i bow to me venerable friends experience, as an ex-proponent of said sport, the two people expected to perform know exactly who is who, and who you should be punching, my problem is why cant the commentator simply say jones is the white guy and smith is the black guy [see how i resisted temptation there]

Michael Rolls

« Reply #43 on: Oct 21, 2018, 02:22:59 PM »
i bow to me venerable friends experience, as an ex-proponent of said sport, the two people expected to perform know exactly who is who, and who you should be punching, my problem is why cant the commentator simply say jones is the white guy and smith is the black guy [see how i resisted temptation there]
Because some touchy feely idiot would want him drummed out of the brownies (oh, dear, is 'brownies' now seen as pejorative?) Should I have typed not quite white?
Mike

crabbyob

« Reply #44 on: Oct 21, 2018, 02:28:42 PM »
actually the brownies have a new name so you werent far off Mike
they may be the penguins now or perhaps that is just a patrols name