Author Topic: the brexiteer and the remainer  (Read 232 times)

crabbyob

the brexiteer and the remainer
« on: Oct 20, 2018, 10:19:55 AM »
Long ago, two monks were walking through the forest one morning when they came across a distressed young woman.Tearfully, she asked them for help crossing the river, which had swollen from recent rains, so she could get home safely. Although they had both taken strict vows to not communicate with the outside world, the first monk happily agreed, carrying the young woman across on his back.She thanked him and left, and the two monks continued their journey for many hours in silence.Finally, when night fell, they set up camp. But before they went to sleep, the second monk could not contain his emotions any more."How could you!" he burst out."We have taken strict vows of chastity! We vowed to never communicate with outsiders! But you carried that woman on your back!" he railed against his friend.
The first monk looked at his red face and simply said:"My friend, I carried her for only a few minutes. You, it seems, have carried her all day!"
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Floydian

Re: the brexiteer and the remainer
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2018, 10:45:06 AM »
Very biblical mate!
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

crabbyob

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2018, 10:50:23 AM »
Bless you my son
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2018, 12:40:19 PM »
A serious 'joke'  ?  ;D