Author Topic: under cooked meats,??  (Read 292 times)

Alfred

under cooked meats,??
« on: Oct 22, 2018, 04:05:33 PM »

Reading of hundreds of people becoming ill after cooking meat which wasn't cooked properly, iv always been a person say when as i did recently have a meal in a restaurant where i ordered a well done steak ,

which i received as part of my order ,and i never have it any other way except well done ,which i enjoy and prefer except people have their meat cooked differently thinking of barbeques, in particular,.

and yet iv come across a number of people who like their meat cooked differently , i refer to beef wellington where some people i know  like the meat slightly roasted, and is almost raw, and i have concerns for people who eat sushi  Japanese raw fish, so is there a rule where or how much meat should be cooked to avoid food poisoning,

so is eating meat not well cooked some thing that should concern us , as food poisoning for those who may have suffered it are lucky that it didn't kill them ,

Q; so what is your advice regarding cooking raw meat, ….your replies will make interesting reading ,

sparky

Re: under cooked meats,??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2018, 04:40:12 PM »
When there is not the slightest sight of blood, almost cremated.

Diasi

« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2018, 04:47:07 PM »
When there is not the slightest sight of blood, almost cremated.

I've been known to grill bacon so that it shatters if it's dropped on the plate.

Hmmm, crunchy bacon.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

StephenM123

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2018, 05:58:41 PM »
Having been seriously ill with salmonella once I like to see all fowl well done
 I have eaten raw beef mince with raw egg in the past but would not do so now with modern production methods!

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2018, 06:50:40 PM »
Cremated for me too !   8)

Traveller

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2018, 08:11:42 PM »
Here's my take on it.....
It all depends on the meat.  Generally beef is OK to eat 'rare' , but I'm happier to eat lamb 'medium' .  I cook pork so that it's just pink.  I do love cured hams, salamis etc..   Fish and shellfish is not so much a problem, but it's a devil to cook so that it's not overdone.  I'm very partial to sushi, cold smoked salmon, pickled herring and ceviche.   Chicken does need to be cooked thoroughly, but other birds such as game birds can be  usually eaten a bit pink - especially duck  and pigeon.

You'll have had your tea.