Author Topic: trick or treat, and fireworks,?  (Read 348 times)

Alfred

trick or treat, and fireworks,?
« on: Oct 23, 2018, 06:49:01 PM »

Yes its that time of year when we have to keep our pets in especially on fire work night, the 5th of November, with  money being carefully spent due to rising costs i wonder how many people will be able to spend money on fireworks, and have bon fires as well, a worrying time for the fire brigades,

In the past many councils laid on and organised fire work displays and it was very well done indeed, but again with so many cut backs in recent times i wonder if any council will afford to lay on an organised display ,...........which for many families in the past was a real treat,

as many people then enjoyed having peace of mind as everything was controlled, as even hospitals had  less pressure put on them,. as a result of fewer accidents,

Q; have you any thoughts regarding trick or treat or even fireworks in general, if so will you share your thoughts with us,

Scrumpy

Re: trick or treat, and fireworks,?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2018, 07:01:34 PM »
We don’t get any Trick or Treats around here..
 Brockham Village put on an organized bonfire and firework display.. It is wonderful.. I can see some of it from my bedroom window.. We stood on Box Hill last year . We could see for miles around. The displays were pretty stunning.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Bee

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2018, 07:42:24 PM »
I never open the door to trick or treaters.

We have 3 or 4 organised bonfire and firework displays where I am.
The only way is up....

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2018, 09:31:41 PM »
I don't open the door for trick or treat either, as for fireworks I wish they'd make silent ones.   

Diasi

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2018, 09:56:07 PM »
When's trick or treat night this year?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2018, 06:50:38 AM »
the last friday of October i believe is "HALLOwEEN" trick or treat is an american version of the Scots celebration, where children went round, you had to sing, dance or tell a joke and you were rewarded...i bet Granny Mac went round with her hollowed out tumshie...lol
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Diasi

« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2018, 09:20:06 AM »
the last friday of October i believe is "HALLOwEEN" trick or treat is an american version of the Scots celebration, where children went round, you had to sing, dance or tell a joke and you were rewarded...i bet Granny Mac went round with her hollowed out tumshie...lol

Thanks for that, we'll get prepared this year.

We don't get any trick or treat visitors because they'd have to use the electric gates intercom before they ever got to the door but this year we may have some fun & let them in, but they'll leave even quicker.

Lurch will answer the gate intercom & the gates will swing open while the intercom plays a squeaking noise, all the security lights & front-facing house lights will be switched off so they'll have to walk up the the door in semi or complete darkness depending on the weather & moonlight.

We're still working on ideas for what to have in the garages when the doors open as they walk past.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

fortyone

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2018, 09:29:08 AM »
We used to get loads until Yogi learned to answer the door.

Scrumpy

« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2018, 10:46:42 AM »

With a sten gun in his hand ..!!
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Fred Smiff

« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2018, 12:32:21 PM »
Trick or treat doesn't bother us as we live in a block of flats with a door entry system .

Fireworks...... my opinion is this ....sale of fireworks to the general public should be stopped completely ,they should only be sold by wholesalers to accredited and licensed display organisers . Obviously this is very unlikely to happen because £££££ is involved .
My Mrs says I've got a mind like a Welsh railway........one track and filthy 😁

Raven

« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2018, 12:34:52 PM »
We don't get the Guisers as they'd have to walk up the farm track for about a mile to reach us.  ;D  Suits us just fine.  ;D
As for fireworks, don't even get me started.. >:(

Fred Smiff

« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2018, 12:40:12 PM »
I did have a good laugh many years ago when I was asked for a '' penny for the guy '' ( remember them ? ) . His face when I gave him a 1P piece was a treat  ;D ;D ;D
My Mrs says I've got a mind like a Welsh railway........one track and filthy 😁