Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 337 times)

fortyone

Dreams
« on: Oct 24, 2018, 09:39:26 AM »
Unlike my wife who can recall long and often strange dream events I don't usually remember much of my dreams at all but I did recall a strange snatch from one as I woke this morning.

A lot of the bits I do remember from dreams seem to be more as an observer rather than participant but in this morning's I'd just been given a cigarette and lit up and it was entirely first person - I saw things as if it had really happened. I gave up smoking over 15 years ago and don't crave them at all.

Does anybody feel they can share anything about their own dreams?

Raven

Re: Dreams
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2018, 12:17:19 PM »
I always know if I've been dreaming when I wake but I can't remember what it was about. ::)

Fred Smiff

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2018, 12:36:22 PM »
I keep having dreams I wish would go away ! They are always concerned with one of the jobs I did before I retired , and they always follow the same theme.......that I'm no longer capable of doing the job ! I know I'm no longer capable , I'm too bloody old,so why does my pshyce feel the need to keep reminding me of that fact ? GRRRRRRR  >:(
My Mrs says I've got a mind like a Welsh railway........one track and filthy 😁

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2018, 12:40:21 PM »
I only sleep for three or four hours at a time but I do dream, very odd they are too.  The last one I was looking after Marty Wilde's dogs for him !  -  I didn't even like Marty Wilde   ;D ;D

Bee

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2018, 12:55:34 PM »
Very very rarely do I dream or if I do I don't know anything about them when I wake up............apart from one when we were living in Hong Kong, I dreamt my daughter was eaten by an alligator. ??? ....my daughter was not amused when I told her. >:(
The only way is up....

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2018, 05:53:13 PM »
I think that I dream most nights, but often only have a vague recollection of them. Sadly, none of them have been very inspiring - scoring the winning try against the All Blacks at Twickenham and a match winning century against the Aussies at Lords. Instead, I can offer what must surely be the most boring dream ever. I dream, at some length, that I was shaving with my electric razor - I do have such a razor, but only use it once in a blue moon!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

zoony

« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2018, 06:11:20 PM »
My recurring dreams usually involve me running through strange buildings or being chased by giant geometric shapes...Can be quite scary..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2018, 06:19:10 PM »

Does anybody feel they can share anything about their own dreams?

I've just told my wife about the dream I had this morning, before I posted it, & she's ruined it by telling me it wasn't a dream.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)