Author Topic: state pension 2019  (Read 5712 times)

GrannyMac

Re: state pension 2019
« Reply #30 on: Nov 10, 2018, 07:32:49 AM »
When I got married at 19  8) I paid a married woman's stamp because like most young couples, money was tight.  I had no idea what that would mean for my pension and tbh who thought about pensions at that age !

I did the same, low paid part time work after the children. My state pension is only around £80. Fortunately I have occ pensions, but like most women of our generation its not forty years worth!  As BP says, pension schemes weren't always open to part time workers. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

crabbyob

« Reply #31 on: Nov 10, 2018, 07:39:52 AM »
i have planned a bank-job with my son, so that when i am reaching that borderline, we will rob a bank ... he has a great alibi, but i will get caught and get ten years...sorted... would i still be able to claim my pension from Doncatraz
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Traveller

« Reply #32 on: Nov 10, 2018, 07:44:32 AM »
I never understood the state pension system.  We stopped work in our mid 50's and I took an early occupational pension.  This was enough to get by on and then at around 65, I suddenly received a pension boost because of the Guaranteed Minimum Pension.  I gather this is to make up the difference from what I received as a state pension and what I would have received had I not been contracted out for a certain time.  Well it meant another £2k a year, so I didn't complain.

Mrs T gets virtually the full pension under the new scheme - albeit late because of government lies and broken promises. 

You'll have had your tea.

biglouis

« Reply #33 on: Feb 02, 2019, 08:16:43 AM »
If we all got back from society what we had put in we would get a tax allowance of £30,000 a year and not pay in a penny until we got to that level. Nor would we have to pay council tax. We have done our share . Now its time to claw back.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

patcaf

« Reply #34 on: Feb 15, 2019, 06:33:41 PM »
I am 'supposedly' on the new state pension. Like many people ,I have been penalised for being contracted out at some point. Try finding out from the pensions department when and which employer;  they will not tell you. Like so many on the new standard pension ,I have been penalised to the tune of £60 per week for being contracted out for 8 years. Very few people get the full £168 pension. Yet, my brother in law who has not worked for over 40 years (disabled by alcoholism) will get the full pension. No justice in this world.

Undercover Pensioner

« Reply #35 on: Feb 15, 2019, 07:08:07 PM »
... Very few people get the full £168 pension. ...

That could be because it wont be £168.60 until April.  At that point the basic pension for most on this forum will be getting £129.20.  What did you say about justice?  People have always had their pension reduced because of contracting out.
The vote for Brexit was a vote to take back what we hadn't lost in order to lose what we actually have.

Diasi

« Reply #36 on: Feb 15, 2019, 10:33:20 PM »
I am 'supposedly' on the new state pension. Like many people ,I have been penalised for being contracted out at some point. Try finding out from the pensions department when and which employer;  they will not tell you. Like so many on the new standard pension ,I have been penalised to the tune of £60 per week for being contracted out for 8 years. Very few people get the full £168 pension. Yet, my brother in law who has not worked for over 40 years (disabled by alcoholism) will get the full pension. No justice in this world.

Presumably you get a pension from the pension scheme you were in when you were contracted out.

You're right about no justice for those who've worked & paid, only to end up worse off than those who've never done a hand's turn.

It's one of those things that most people never think about because if they did no bugger would bother working.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

brian54

« Reply #37 on: Feb 15, 2019, 11:03:13 PM »
Presumably you get a pension from the pension scheme you were in when you were contracted out.

You're right about no justice for those who've worked & paid, only to end up worse off than those who've never done a hand's turn.

It's one of those things that most people never think about because if they did no bugger would bother working.

Its not just a case of working.
I worked with a few who did not bother contributing to the pension scheme and they are now moaning people like me are better off than them.
A lady who is a manager with the council has told me there are lots of employees who think a money tree will appear in their garden on retirement,