Author Topic: My Absence  (Read 9021 times)

Hugh

Re: My Absence
« Reply #75 on: Feb 13, 2019, 07:35:04 AM »
I was expecting a phone call last night but it never came. It will be a blessing when it does. Yvonne I loved I lost several months ago, so I am not going through the pain you may think. I cry for her more than my self, if she was an animal they just would not allow the suffering to go on. My troubles are nothing compare to what Mike gone through I just hope he's coping OK.

Maddie Malone

« Reply #76 on: Feb 13, 2019, 07:35:51 AM »
Hugh having lost  someone I knew just last week my thoughts and preyers  are with you xx

Michael Rolls

« Reply #77 on: Feb 13, 2019, 07:45:05 AM »
Hugh
Thanks for your kind thoughts, they are much appreciated. I suppose we all have to somehow cope the best we can, but my how it hurts
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #78 on: Feb 13, 2019, 08:04:07 AM »
both my ex-spouses are alive and well so i cannot understand the pain either of you, and a host of others have gone thru or are currently dealing with...
can i just ask how you think your beloveds might want you to behave, they might want you to celebrate your union, remembering the good times, how you laughed,and loved... try and imagine how your life might have played out without their love?.. celebrate their involvement in teaching you the craft of living in a team.. now you are no longer a team you have to pull the cart alone,not an easy task... where do we keep the spare light bulbs?... what colour bin goes out this week...mundane tasks you never had to think about before....perhaps....
welcome to the world chaps,the girls will be giggling at you mixing the coloureds with the whites ...sigh
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #79 on: Feb 13, 2019, 08:40:32 AM »
I know that Veronica would want me to carry on as best as I can and remember the good times and bury the bad - but it's like asking someone to run a four minute mile when they have just had both legs amputated.
Oh, and you are so right about 'where do we keep'? I'm still looking for some things I know we had!
Mike

Raven

« Reply #80 on: Feb 13, 2019, 09:28:10 AM »
I didn't have a happy marriage like you were blessed with, but I still felt it when my Ex of (a few months) passed. But if we had still been close then I don't know how I'd have coped. I feel so sorry for what your having to cope with at the moment.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #81 on: Feb 13, 2019, 12:17:33 PM »
Thanks, Raven
When I realised that Veronica was going to die - only 24 hours before she did - I expected life without her to be hard, Not for a single bloody moment did I even imagine just how truly utterly dreadfully hard it would be emotionally - not economically - compared to many poor souls in my position. I am well off.It's awful
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #82 on: Feb 13, 2019, 05:00:07 PM »
That must have been one of an hell of a shock Mike, I do feel for you. Yvonne been away from me since October so quite use now to being alone. I never expected that she would never come home again. I can count my blessing she is going before me I am better at coping on my own. My visit today she slept most of the time so I sat there and held her hand.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #83 on: Feb 13, 2019, 05:24:13 PM »
It was indeed. On the Sunday she was making steady progress and a friend of hers and I visited and talked with her. I left and Ann, her friend, E-mailed me later saying that with me out of the way they had a REAL natter!
Monday morning I was at the vet with our dog who was very unwell (but pulled round) when her consultant phoned on my mobile to say that Veronica had taken a dramatic turn for the worse. Got to the hospital and she was in a virtual coma. Thankfully she lasted long enough for the family to all be at her bedside when she died at 22:45 on the Tuesday, and she did seem to react slightly as we all spoke to her. A devote Catholic, she was holding her little crucifix that she brought back from a visit to Rome some years back as she died.
Still can't really believe it
Mike

Raven

« Reply #84 on: Feb 13, 2019, 05:53:47 PM »
I was with my dad when he died, it was one of the worst things I've ever done in my life.
I know I didn't have a good relationship with my mum but I regret not being with her at the end. She passed suddenly and on her own, when the nurse checked on her she's gone. It was Mother's Day last year and I was down in Perth and went to see her, she'd had a good day and been up for most of it. I'm glad of that.