Author Topic: My Absence  (Read 8957 times)

Hugh

Re: My Absence
« Reply #15 on: Nov 06, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »
Helo every one. Yvonne still in a very confused state with her mind playing tricks. The doctor has found the problem and now fighting it, so light at the end of the tunnel. Got to admit, all the traveling and the hospital visits which takes up 5 hours, walking Roxy 2 hours, with shopping cleaning and washing not much time for relaxation. Had break on Sunday when my two lads went to see Yvonne. I really slept solid Sunday night, my normal 7 hours turned into 10.  Hugh

crabbyob

« Reply #16 on: Nov 06, 2018, 12:57:37 PM »
well done Hugh
a poorly Hugh is no good to anyone
keep the chin up and try and fit nine holes in...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Alex22

« Reply #17 on: Nov 06, 2018, 12:58:44 PM »
Take it easy Hugh.... :) I hope Yvonne will be home soon.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #18 on: Nov 06, 2018, 01:03:21 PM »
All the best Hugh - I know it isn't easy but you must do the best you can to look after yourself for Yvonne's sake as well as your own
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #19 on: Nov 07, 2018, 09:32:18 PM »
Sitting up reading a book when we visited today so she could be on her road to recovery. Still in a very confused state, and says she's coming home tomorrow. Very unlikely for a while yet.

Will be having 18 holes on the golf course again on  Sunday morning weather permitting Crabbyob.

This morning had to go to Kings Mill Hospital to have a bone marrow sample taken. Its  amazing just how much money been spent on me to try and find some thing wrong, over the years.  The last blood test both the red and white cell count were low. So the bone marrow sample was the order of the day. If they find anything it will be at its very early stages.

crabbyob

« Reply #20 on: Nov 08, 2018, 03:33:51 AM »
just go with the flow, they are very good
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

GrannyMac

« Reply #21 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:24:00 AM »
Cleaning can wait! Your health is the main thing, you need some time for R&R. Best wishes to you both.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Hugh

« Reply #22 on: Nov 08, 2018, 10:42:15 AM »
Cleanings not a problem Granny Mac once a routine is set. The garden that's a very different matter looking rather sad at the moment. One thing I am really making sure I don't do, is taking an easy route with food, so easy to fall in the trap of eating junk food all the the time.

If any of you ever have to give a bone marrow sample, there is no pain during or after the operation.

Raven

« Reply #23 on: Nov 08, 2018, 11:27:04 AM »
One day at a time, that's the way to do it.  :)

Scrumpy

« Reply #24 on: Nov 08, 2018, 12:29:49 PM »

Well done Yvonne... You will get there.. Hope the book is a good 'un.. xx
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #25 on: Nov 08, 2018, 01:17:37 PM »
Hugh
Hopefully a good, good sign, long may they continue - but you MUST look after yourself as well
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #26 on: Nov 08, 2018, 06:25:35 PM »
Thank you every one for your good wishes. Tomorrow the consultants meet so I hope to hear about her brain scan and how well the steroids are doing. At the moment she is still a long way before she returns home. After saying that, if the steroids are working she will be sent home and the treatment continued at home.

Time for my evening meal a nice chicken curry which should be ready now.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #27 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:45:08 PM »
Enjoy it , Hugh - you've earned it!
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #28 on: Dec 13, 2018, 03:54:31 PM »
Yvonne now in the City hospital being treated "Cancer nerve System Lymphoma" a very rare form of cancer but the best Consultant in Britain on this type of cancer base at the City Hospital. Its going to be a very long stay in Hospital months rather than weeks. She responding well to treatment which is good news. I thought it was going to cost me a fortune in parking fees but good news they have given me a free parking permit

Maddie Malone

« Reply #29 on: Dec 13, 2018, 04:02:51 PM »
It’s surprising what they can do these days Hugh hang in there .
Nice to hear Yvonne’s responding  x