Author Topic: My Absence  (Read 8958 times)

Hugh

Re: My Absence
« Reply #30 on: Dec 13, 2018, 04:14:46 PM »
Less than two weeks ago she just did not recognize any one Very much in a vegetable state. Now although she can only say a few words, she certainly understands what you are saying. She's responding well to treatment. In a week or two she having scan to see how much the tumor as reduced in size.

Raven

« Reply #31 on: Dec 13, 2018, 04:27:33 PM »
That's good to hear Hugh, hope she keeps improving..

Michael Rolls

« Reply #32 on: Dec 13, 2018, 04:33:12 PM »
All the best to both of you, Hugh
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #33 on: Dec 13, 2018, 04:50:26 PM »
Thank you

Johned

« Reply #34 on: Dec 13, 2018, 10:30:20 PM »
I wish you and your wife well Hugh and pray all will be well.

Hugh

« Reply #35 on: Dec 14, 2018, 07:04:28 AM »
Thank you, she is certainly responding to treatment, but we will know far more after the next scan. Later in her treatment if she get some mobility back she could come home between treatments, week in week out routine. Parking on our road so bad, I now have to find money to pay the council for drop pavement, plus double gates and drive. Hoping no more than £2000. I know while I am visiting Yvonne, a visitor will dump there car in front of my home for the Christmas period. This happened last year.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #36 on: Dec 14, 2018, 08:12:23 AM »
Not strictly legal, but can't you find a couple of cones from somewhere?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #37 on: Dec 14, 2018, 08:28:42 AM »
 Very many years ago, I applied to have my kerb dropped, within weeks two council blokes turned up and carried out the work in a few hours with no fuss at a reasonable cost. The kerb to my current home is fairly low, so I just drive over it onto my drive, but some time ago, I applied to have it dropped properly, the now outsourced bunch  of ****  wrote back and wanted me contact Gas, electricity water companies, individually and get assurances from them all that dropping the kerb would not effect the services, and despite me doing half their job still wanted to charge a fortune, this is yet another example of the rush to outsource services to [censored] companies over the years.

Sheila

« Reply #38 on: Dec 14, 2018, 09:11:36 AM »
One of our neighbours has a disabled marker on the road outside their house.  I know nothing about it but maybe worth asking social services/council/CAB??  Very best wishes to you and your wife at this difficult time. x

Diasi

« Reply #39 on: Dec 14, 2018, 10:31:23 AM »
Not strictly legal, but can't you find a couple of cones from somewhere?
Mike

Not advisable as there is no such thing as being able to park outside your own house & it would only take someone else who wanted to park there to make a complaint. The correct course of action is to make a space for the car to be parked off-road & pay for a dropped kerb.

Under Section 22A 1988 Road Traffic Act it's a offence to obstruct the highway with any unauthorised object & the highway is any part from the kerb to kerb.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

sparky

« Reply #40 on: Dec 14, 2018, 11:07:17 AM »
Knowing people that live in places with limited parking spaces, who  have to lug shopping, DIY stuff, etc well away from their home, often in the peeing down with rain, I would never have a house that did not have plenty of off road parking,

Raven

« Reply #41 on: Dec 14, 2018, 12:42:49 PM »
Same here Sparky, at my partners there's no problem as it's a Farm, and down at my home I have a drive that 3 cars can park in. 4 if I open the side gates. If I was looking to move house then parking would be the top of my "must have list". If I found a place I loved I'd pay several visits at different times day and night, over the next week or so before I put in any offer.

Hugh

« Reply #42 on: Dec 14, 2018, 02:47:44 PM »
When we first move here there was plenty of parking space. With so many younger generation moving onto our road they have 3 or 4 cars. Our once green verge now turning into strip of tarmac. Don't like it but now force by need to follow suit.
I wonder if I could get financial aid to help cover the cost ?????

Hugh

« Reply #43 on: Feb 03, 2019, 03:28:10 PM »
Had my drive put in so I could bring my wife home. Unfortunately although I have shown her photographs she will never see it. She is now in an Hospice and the doctor believes she only as 6 months. The hospice is a really wonderful friendly place where she will be well looked after. I am able to take our dog Roxy in to see her, and have meals with her. A 3 course meal £5.50 and its very nice. I now visit her every day now she is in Mansfield and parking is free. I was traveling to Nottingham and I was getting very tired with traveling

Alex22

« Reply #44 on: Feb 03, 2019, 03:33:22 PM »
So sorry to hear Yvonne is in a hospice Hugh, but from what you say it sounds a good place and great that you can go every day and take Roxy to see her.   What can you say, apart from very best wishes to you both.