Author Topic: Putting the clocks back  (Read 180 times)

Ashy

Putting the clocks back
« on: Nov 06, 2018, 06:19:35 PM »
I can't get used to this clock business. Here it is, only six o'clock, and it's like the middle of the night. By the time I get used to it they will be putting the clock forward again.

Yellowbird

Re: Putting the clocks back
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2018, 06:52:09 PM »
At least the clock in my car is right half the year, I haven't worked out how to change it yet and I'm changing the car for another one tomorrow ;D ;D ;D
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Ashy

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2018, 06:58:18 PM »
I keep the car clock at GMT all year round but I see that newer GPS connected cars can change it automatically. I think I would prefer BST all year round though, given the choice.

fortyone

« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2018, 07:05:59 PM »
My previous car's clock was automatically updated by the radio. My current one isn't and I always forget it. Normally I'm not that fussed but I got caught out the other day thinking I'd get caught in school traffic when I looked at the wretched thing. I'd rather have no clock than one that's wrong so I'll fix it next time I use the car. Except I won't as I'll forget. I think last year it was wrong till about a month before it needed changing again. I should have just left it as it was wrong for at least a couple of months when they changed again. I can change it in just a few clicks.

Ashy

« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2018, 07:10:09 PM »
Unfortunately my body clock cannot be adjusted by simply moving my hands about.

fortyone

« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2018, 07:16:04 PM »
My bedtime and rise time are so varied anyway an hour either way on the clock makes no difference to me.

Ashy

« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2018, 07:32:38 PM »
I have just read that the european union is considering ending the clock change, but if they do it will be after we have left it, now that's an interesting question. When our MPs have had the decision they have always opted to change the clocks, with the possible exception of the 1968 experiment. The Irish republic will have to do what the eu tells them to.

fortyone

« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2018, 07:36:13 PM »
I have just read that the european union is considering ending the clock change, but if they do it will be after we have left it,
I love an optimist.

xetog

« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2018, 01:44:23 PM »

Having just gone round the house putting all the clocks right we have now been notified by SSE that they are going to cut off electricity in the area for 8 hours tomorrow.  Now I will have to do the bloody job all over again!!

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Ashy

« Reply #9 on: Nov 07, 2018, 04:16:06 PM »
I am sorry to hear that but we can't blame BST for that.

fortyone

« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2018, 04:52:11 PM »
It's all these new fangled electric things to blame. We've got a clock that does bird calls. If you don't want it cuckooing when it's Owl O'clock you have to reset it or go forward 11 hours. That runs on batteries though. The only mains clock is on the cooker and I refuse to ever touch that because it requires mystical incantations to get working again if you touch any of the buttons.