Author Topic: Still can not get people to pay up.  (Read 4366 times)

brian54

Still can not get people to pay up.
« on: Nov 18, 2018, 07:22:23 AM »
As some of you may remember some of the residents nearby want a man to leave the area and he offered to go if he was paid £50,000 in advance.
People are still asking him why has he not gone and the answer as always is he has not had the money.
The people who want him to go keep on saying they will pay after he has moved as long as he has gone somewhere they all approve of.
Wisely the man has not gone. I am sure wherever he goes somebody would not approve where he goes. In my view the people who want him to go should risk letting some cobwebs out of their wallets or purses and pay up.

Ashy

Re: Still can not get people to pay up.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2018, 09:54:14 AM »
The answer is for the interested parties to meet, probably with a solicitor, to draw up a legal agreement, to pay their share of the agreed sum (adjusted for inflation plus any fees and taxes due), and in that to agree to lodge their part of the sum with the solicitor or other executive body, by an agreed date, and furnish for the gentleman concerned all necessary details for him to recover his fee, with some further agreement about what happens and when, if he should not move house, or die before so doing. If they just gossip about it in the pub, don't expect him to go.

fortyone

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2018, 09:57:12 AM »
Can't you just go anyway Brian? It must be awful with all those people just wishing you would vanish but to tight to pay you to do so.

Ashy

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2018, 10:09:44 AM »
I'm beginning to think there is only one house in his street.

brian54

« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2018, 10:38:18 AM »
Can't you just go anyway Brian? It must be awful with all those people just wishing you would vanish but to tight to pay you to do so.
He lives in a larger house than me and people say he inherited £10,000,000. Even if he inherited £10,000,000 why should he pay to move for the convenience of other people. His house overlooks a school but he has not attacked any children.

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2018, 11:06:31 AM »

My daughter is interested in in  Iceland's frozen Brussel Sprouts with Martmite..
 She thought we could try some over the Christmas period.. YUK!
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Ashy

« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2018, 11:09:24 AM »
Brussels Sprouts have rather a bitter flavour so some sort of sauce might make them more palatable. Just some gravy would do the trick in all probabliitity, and it can be flavoured with Marmite if you like.

StephenM123

« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2018, 11:35:32 AM »
A local chippy was going to do deep fried sprouts in batter but when they found they needed pre-boiling with a shorter fry for aabetter result gave up on the idea! Partner loves them, I won't eat them!

fortyone

« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2018, 01:38:16 PM »
We've had a running joke going with a friend for ages after she mentioned that she doesn't like sprouts. I carefully undid a Ferrero Rocher box and unwrapped two replacing the chocs with raw sprouts. When I'd done you couldn't spot any tampering although as it happens it wouldn't have mattered as she decided to scoff them in bed while watching a film.  :)

Next Christmas was Ferrero Rocher again with no tampering. She was nervous with every one of them.

Next it was a minature Christmas tree decorated with raw Brussels.

This year we came across some chocolates in green paper made to look like sprouts.

Scrumpy

« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2018, 04:00:52 PM »
I notice that you can get Brussel Sprout crisps.. I’m sure I read it in the paper a few weeks back..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

fortyone

« Reply #10 on: Nov 18, 2018, 05:11:59 PM »
Yes I think it was mentioned before so this is a very appropriate thread for this.

Alex22

« Reply #11 on: Nov 18, 2018, 05:41:31 PM »
  One day two brussels sprouts, who were best friends, were walking together down the street. They stepped off the curb and a speeding car came around the corner and ran one of them over. The uninjured brussels sprout called 999 and helped his injured friend as best he could.   The injured brussels sprout was taken to emergency at the hospital and rushed into surgery. After a long and agonizing wait, the doctor finally appeared. He told the uninjured brussels sprout, "I have good news, and I have bad news. The good news is that your friend is going to pull through." "The bad news is that he's going to be a vegetable for the rest of his life".

minniemouse

« Reply #12 on: Nov 18, 2018, 11:22:38 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: Nov 19, 2018, 08:24:07 AM »
As some of you may remember some of the residents nearby want a man to leave the area and he offered to go if he was paid £50,000 in advance.
People are still asking him why has he not gone and the answer as always is he has not had the money.
The people who want him to go keep on saying they will pay after he has moved as long as he has gone somewhere they all approve of.
Wisely the man has not gone. I am sure wherever he goes somebody would not approve where he goes. In my view the people who want him to go should risk letting some cobwebs out of their wallets or purses and pay up.

I can't see why this thread has become one about Brussels sprouts.

If the residents' concerns are about him not moving to an area where they have relatives, I suppose they could submit areas where they have relatives & then eliminate those areas so it shouldn't prove too much of an obstacle.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

fortyone

« Reply #14 on: Nov 19, 2018, 08:53:40 AM »
I can't see why this thread has become one about Brussels sprouts.
Possibly you haven't been on the board sufficient time to have seen this as many times before as the regulars here. Not quite as popular as drunks, smokers, council houses, beggars, private pension provision, cancellations, mixed aerobics, running clubs, etc. etc. but still crops up monthly at least.

However to get back on topic a couple side by side would be the same general shape as the original topic subject although if the colour was also similar medical attention would be indicated.