Author Topic: Still can not get people to pay up.  (Read 4367 times)

GrannyMac

Re: Still can not get people to pay up.
« Reply #15 on: Nov 19, 2018, 11:39:12 AM »
41, occasionally someone may respond to Brian's posts in a sensible manner.  Phil did too.  👀

I'm so grateful I don't live in an area where neighbours gang up on each other, and know each others business about inheritance.  Its beautifully anonymous here, a polite good morning, a 'how are you?' or putting a neighbour's bin back on to their drive is about as involved as we get.

I don't fancy sprout crisps btw. 😝

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

firenze

« Reply #16 on: Nov 19, 2018, 12:04:19 PM »
GrannyMac ....me too! The sum  total I've just done....put back at the appropriate gate the 3 emptied bins.  A wave to the passing car if I'm out in the garden and a pleasant chat if someone stops.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Scrumpy

« Reply #17 on: Nov 19, 2018, 12:11:39 PM »
As some of you may remember some of the residents nearby want a man to leave the area and he offered to go if he was paid £50,000 in advance.
People are still asking him why has he not gone and the answer as always is he has not had the money.
The people who want him to go keep on saying they will pay after he has moved as long as he has gone somewhere they all approve of.
Wisely the man has not gone. I am sure wherever he goes somebody would not approve where he goes. In my view the people who want him to go should risk letting some cobwebs out of their wallets or purses and pay up.

Why should he bloody move. ??? Who do you lot think you are.. !!
..and if,as you say sometimes, that it is NOT you involved in this ridiculous farce. why the hell do you think it is any interest to us.!!
Horrible people..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

fortyone

« Reply #18 on: Nov 19, 2018, 12:12:20 PM »
41, occasionally someone may respond to Brian's posts in a sensible manner.  Phil did too.  👀
So did I to this one until I got sidetracked on a far more interesting subject. If you check back you'll find I offered Brian some sensible advice assuming as I do that in the good old agony aunt tradition "A man" A friend" etc. etc. is in fact the writer themselves.

I'm so grateful I don't live in an area where neighbours gang up on each other, and know each others business about inheritance.
I strongly suspect that these stories all come from "The Voices".

GrannyMac

« Reply #19 on: Nov 19, 2018, 01:32:30 PM »
Fortyone, I was a council housing officer before I retired. Some of the estates I worked on were hotbeds of information about tenants from neighbours.  I didn't expect the same in an area where houses hit the half million  mark!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Raven

« Reply #20 on: Nov 20, 2018, 10:49:55 PM »
Just a thought, If the guy sold his house and moved, what about the person who buys it. The house overlooks a school, so is whoever moves in going to get the same sort of treatment from your nasty neighbours?  ::)  Thanking my lucky stars I live out in the wilds with no neighbours to harass me or my OH.  :o

brian54

« Reply #21 on: Nov 20, 2018, 11:44:26 PM »
Just a thought, If the guy sold his house and moved, what about the person who buys it. The house overlooks a school, so is whoever moves in going to get the same sort of treatment from your nasty neighbours?  ::)  Thanking my lucky stars I live out in the wilds with no neighbours to harass me or my OH.  :o
The way I understand it his parents purchased the house prior to the school being built and left the house to him and he decided to live in it after getting early retirement. He worked in Edinburgh.
Probably the council should have checked who the house was willed to prior to building the school and built the school elsewhere.

crabbyob

« Reply #22 on: Nov 21, 2018, 05:01:04 AM »
does he do the 4.00 a.m. jog in his lycra leotard like you brian
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

StephenM123

« Reply #23 on: Nov 21, 2018, 07:59:20 AM »
Sounds like they need to demolish the school and rebuild it elsewhere!

Joking apart the council should have no say as to who buys where unless there are relevant previous convictions (not rumours). Otherwise they could day "Mr Brian as an old single man you need to move and live near a hospital"!

fortyone

« Reply #24 on: Nov 21, 2018, 08:52:19 AM »
Fortyone, I was a council housing officer before I retired. Some of the estates I worked on were hotbeds of information about tenants from neighbours.  I didn't expect the same in an area where houses hit the half million  mark!
It's because it's a posh area they are talking about clubbing together to get shot of Brian. It obviously isn't quite posh enough for them to actually cough up. In the rougher districts it would have all been done and dusted by now with bricks through the windows and poo or worse through the letterbox.

brian54

« Reply #25 on: Nov 21, 2018, 11:23:13 PM »
It's because it's a posh area they are talking about clubbing together to get shot of Brian. It obviously isn't quite posh enough for them to actually cough up. In the rougher districts it would have all been done and dusted by now with bricks through the windows and poo or worse through the letterbox.
There is CCTV on his house and mine. The chances are anybody breaking the law will be caught.

Ashy

« Reply #26 on: Nov 22, 2018, 06:16:42 AM »
I couldn't agree more, let them move their school.

fortyone

« Reply #27 on: Nov 22, 2018, 08:46:00 AM »
Quite so. Why should poor Brian have to move just because some neighbours think he is a little strange. Shame on them. After all they could just avoid him. That's what we do with the local weirdo.

brian54

« Reply #28 on: Nov 22, 2018, 09:03:52 AM »
Quite so. Why should poor Brian have to move just because some neighbours think he is a little strange. Shame on them. After all they could just avoid him. That's what we do with the local weirdo.
As he has no family in the area he said he would move out of the area for £50,000. The problem is he does not want to say where he is moving to.
So many areas have been mentioned because people don't want people they know upset I can not think of anywhere he could go to.

Ashy

« Reply #29 on: Nov 22, 2018, 09:35:39 AM »
I would suggest Erdington.