Author Topic: Is Devon racist?  (Read 1991 times)

digitalis

Is Devon racist?
« on: Nov 19, 2018, 12:50:34 PM »

As I am painting I listened in to R4. It told a story of a retired village in the West country. Its commentator noted that this village(80 residents),didn't contain anyone of an ethnic origin or different colour. It seemed an odd comment to make,given that the village seemed to be in deepest and removed English countryside,but hey!,the 80k reporter probably comes from London. The comment given the geographical location and given people,seemed to send a subliminal message: watchout English rural folk,you aint got no ethnic folk,why not?

Can anyone here think of any valid reason why this rural set village set back 100 miles from anywhere hasn't got at least 20 foreign folk,and two retired asylum seekers. Or are these folk... racist?

Thinking on I thought of other rural counties in England,Wales and Scotland. Why are ethnic minorities underrepresent here? And are these counties racist?

Thinking further...I was wondering whether these counties should be open to positive discrimination legislation wherein the occupants could be fined to be more inclusive in taking on diversity,now wildly enforced across the country. Or,if this is not possible,bombed!

I know the above appears a little extreme.

Your thoughts.

And/or should the residents of this retirement village,be hanged or jailed for covert racism

crabbyob

Re: Is Devon racist?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2018, 12:59:00 PM »
i cant speak for the rest of the UK
but Scotland is desperately in need of eleven black footballers
i dont think its fair that England hogs them all.. or if thats too racist
then send us Harry Kane... ::)
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Alex22

« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2018, 01:03:22 PM »

" Can anyone here think of any valid reason why this rural set village set back 100 miles from anywhere hasn't got at least 20 foreign folk,and two retired asylum seekers. Or are these folk... racist? "
Don't fret Digi,   this village has probably just been missed  ;) There are people of varying colour and creed in all areas of the UK, even the Outer Hebrides has this year opened the first mosque, so give them time.

digitalis

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2018, 01:08:49 PM »

I would add I am noting other racists abound.

I have noted that two white folk(man plus woman),married,have recently started producing babies. Unfortunately,the babies are white. Why is this? And are they racist? Why haven't they reproduced any black or Asian looking babies? Are they prejudiced? Should their children be taken away from them? I would also ask(in the interests of diversity and multi cultural fertilization),would it be best to introduce them to any 'foreign' like taxi drivers?

Social Services have some knowledge of  this...or so I am told.

GrannyMac

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2018, 01:19:52 PM »
i cant speak for the rest of the UK
but Scotland is desperately in need of eleven black footballers
i dont think its fair that England hogs them all.. or if thats too racist
then send us Harry Kane... ::)

Ha ha ○●○!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2018, 01:21:32 PM »
Well you can't stop peole moving into an area. On the other hand peole do like to be among their own, that is why cities like Leicester havefallen to people with Indian heritage.

minniemouse

« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2018, 02:08:11 PM »
..........and why Benidorm is Engish  8) 
Smoking kills you, bacon kills you, smoking bacon cures it.

Floydian

« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2018, 02:15:39 PM »
Well you can't stop peole moving into an area. On the other hand peole do like to be among their own, that is why cities like Leicester havefallen to people with Indian heritage.
And Bradford is now Bradlamabad....
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

zoony

« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2018, 02:25:20 PM »
People need work and housing no matter what colour their skins. If there's no work there'll be no settlers. I imagine properties in picturesque Devon villages are very expensive and any council accommodation at a premium.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

digitalis

« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2018, 04:06:03 PM »

All above correct,but I wonder how we can correct ourselves from our colonial and bestial past.

I mean(being white English),why do we have white chalk which is used for writing on black boards? To subjugate the black minority?

Why have the baddie dressed in black on cowboys and Indians? Subliminal Putin messaging with underlying dark intentions?

Can anyone see where I am going? Shadows are just copies of ourselves. Shadows are dark,not people. See how ugly this message is becoming.

At night you cant see. it's dark. Why is it dark? Why shouldn't the night be light(white,sunny)

Should I report myself to Momentum for thought re-education?

As I classify myself as working class I know I am...well,scum. Emily Thornberry and Harriet H will tell me so. Then,even tho I'm told that I am worthless,another group of Momentum will say(cos I'm white),Ive benefited from robbing all those in Africa. I cant work it out.

Now it seems the OAPs down in the West country are being vilified by the Hampstead BBC journos.

I don't feel too good.

Am I a snowflake?

Ashy

« Reply #10 on: Nov 19, 2018, 04:48:19 PM »
Don't  worry Digi, if your account is in the black you can pick up some good bargains on Black Friday. Especially if you take your lucky cat with you.

crabbyob

« Reply #11 on: Nov 19, 2018, 05:13:54 PM »
we come from the wrong generation to discuss racism sensibly, we were indoctrinated, by proper racists we called mom and dad, but dont be worried, we failed to indoctrinate our kids, i wish the black parents could say the same
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Ashy

« Reply #12 on: Nov 20, 2018, 06:16:17 AM »
Racism is perfectly natural. If anyone starts on about it remind them that God started it.

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #13 on: Nov 20, 2018, 09:33:06 AM »
As I am painting I listened in to R4. It told a story of a retired village in the West country. Its commentator noted that this village(80 residents),didn't contain anyone of an ethnic origin or different colour. It seemed an odd comment to make,given that the village seemed to be in deepest and removed English countryside,but hey!,the 80k reporter probably comes from London. The comment given the geographical location and given people,seemed to send a subliminal message: watchout English rural folk,you aint got no ethnic folk,why not?

And/or should the residents of this retirement village,be hanged or jailed for covert racism
Digitalis,
You raise a really great point.
There'll be tens of thousands of villages and a few smallish towns like Harrogate and the occasional ancient City like Chester where you'll come across none or a few people of immigrants stock or recent immigrants. 
And YES, you are quite right to note that So-Called Progressives don't like and disapprove of places where there's no aspect Multi-Culturalism.   
Which, when you think about it, is a really perverse way of thinking.  Because even in the town where I live, where the political theme is "We are Multicultural" because there's immigrant stock or recent immigrants in the Town, but no one ever points out that the Different Cultures never mix - that there's multiple cultures in many cities and towns, but that the different cultures seem to live in their own ghettos seems to be a big point missed by Progressives.

Alex22

« Reply #14 on: Nov 20, 2018, 10:18:38 AM »
BP when was the last time you were in Chester ?    ???