Author Topic: Why Jesus?  (Read 1491 times)

digitalis

Why Jesus?
« on: Nov 20, 2018, 12:47:52 PM »

My topic for the day is to discuss why people worship Jesus,and should this worship be abolished

Salient points: Jesus seems to have no education. He appears to have been a NEET. He was born in a stable showing that his parents were feckless in booking ahead for accommodation. He seems to have acquired no A or O levels,and probably not a NVQ in carpentry.

I wonder whether he could read or write.

He also seems to have been(at times)a disruptive individual smashing stalls and such: a right tearaway and deserving of a thrashing or borstal given he behaved as such today. He seems to have disobeyed the Roman laws of the day,making punishment a given(given voices spoken hereabouts)

His further teachings seemed to be in complete contradiction to the said ulers and law makers of the day,making him(dare I say)a-would-be dissident and possibly terrorist.

He enticed other unqualified men and women to follow him thus leading those individuals to timely deaths.

Need I go on?

Can anyone support this man when we have the most reverend Archbishop of Canterbury: CV head of an oil company,senior banker,Eton educated and father of 6 children. Preacher,statesman,man of standing and education. What better example an example of a man to men. This man clearly shows ambition and drive,he has written qualifications and lives in nice houses wherein Jesus seems to have been some hobbo.
Further AoC sets a fine example wherein  we can or should all aim for the top,and aim to get the highest salary we can as examples to our children.

AoC does enounce his preachings in fine words and sounds too. The unqualified carpenter was like your local pleb probably. He would have probably voted Brexit. AoC voted to Remain

What are your opinions? Discuss

fortyone

Re: Why Jesus?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2018, 01:04:20 PM »
I'll just mention that if you swapped Mohammed for Jesus in your story you'd have a hit squad stalking you within the week.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2018, 01:15:28 PM »
I'll just mention that if you swapped Mohammed for Jesus in your story you'd have a hit squad stalking you within the week.
Fair point
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2018, 02:33:46 PM »
aah..... but Jesus was able to turn water into wine, just think how successful he'd be on The Apprentice  ;)

fortyone

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2018, 02:55:49 PM »
My wife can turn wine into water.
Well virtually,

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2018, 06:38:33 PM »
Whether you believe the miracles or resurrection ever happened, at the time of Roman occupation and Jewish complicity Jesus was seen as a Gandhi figure. The Nigel Farage of his day perhaps.

granny moss

« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2018, 11:09:06 AM »
The more I read about religion the further away I seem to move from it. I was born a Catholic. Went to church regularly. Was in a convent for 4 years....I now decided, if Mohamed can start a religion, who says I cannot ? So, I have now my very own belief and feel much happier. My God is the real one that created all we see and know. I am happy with that. gmx

crabbyob

« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2018, 12:53:08 PM »
and Pontious Pilot was born in a fort just south of Hadrians wall
so was a Geordie... thats why their team will never be any good
god dosent support them, the swines, they just washed their hands of it..
come on Sunderland God supports you
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Raven

« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:21:56 PM »
I detest Religion IMO it's the cause of most of the trouble in the world. Always has been. It was used as a way of controlling the masses, still is in some Countries. I put Jesus in the same box as I do Mythical Creatures and Beings. I believe in what I can see, smell, hear and touch, if that makes me a bad person....So be it.  :P

I do have one question though, and I've been wondering about this for a long long time. The Catholics and the Protestants both worship the same God, so why are they so far apart and at each others throats? What's the problem God is the same God to them. ??? ::)

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:41:28 PM »
You'll need to read up on The Reformation to answer that Raven. Henry VIII an' all that.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Raven

« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:44:30 PM »
Ohhhhh that man makes me rage, if ever I could go back in time it would be to give that horror the kick up the rear end he so badly needed.  >:(

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:49:28 PM »
 ;D ;D  My, you're an angry one today! :-*
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

granny moss

« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2018, 03:37:27 PM »
I was bought up as a Catholic. When I wanted to get married to an Englishman that had not been baptised, the fun started. My priest refused to marry me. So the very nice army padre, a Church of England helped us. He had a small chapel in the Local Town hall blessed and turned to a small place for us to get married, with a congregation of Italians who could not tell the difference. The service, we had an interpreter. The service was very similar to a catholic one. Everyone was happy....and had a good day. My priest informed me that I was excommunicated.....I do not remember being bothered by it. So, I did not registered my matrimony in the Italian registrar, therefore in Italy I result a spinster. I never went to church since. gmx

GrumpyOldFart

« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2018, 05:32:18 PM »
I was bought up as a Catholic. When I wanted to get married to an Englishman that had not been baptised, the fun started. My priest refused to marry me. So the very nice army padre, a Church of England helped us. He had a small chapel in the Local Town hall blessed and turned to a small place for us to get married, with a congregation of Italians who could not tell the difference. The service, we had an interpreter. The service was very similar to a catholic one. Everyone was happy....and had a good day. My priest informed me that I was excommunicated.....I do not remember being bothered by it. So, I did not registered my matrimony in the Italian registrar, therefore in Italy I result a spinster. I never went to church since. gmx
My first wife and I were married by a very nice CofE Bishop. He knew from previous conversations that I was an Atheist, but he was still willing to proceed. He modified the service in one way only - his first words were "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God in whom some of us believe....

Sheila

« Reply #14 on: Nov 27, 2018, 06:50:08 PM »
My first wife and I were married by a very nice CofE Bishop. He knew from previous conversations that I was an Atheist, but he was still willing to proceed. He modified the service in one way only - his first words were "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God in whom some of us believe....

Sensible man.