Author Topic: good or bad luck !  (Read 117 times)

Scrumpy

good or bad luck !
« on: Nov 22, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »
  I have just noticed that my knickers are not only inside out but back to front..      I am not a very superstitious person but I think this calls for a Lotto Ticket buy.    Anybody on here superstitious..?
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

Ashy

Re: good or bad luck !
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »
Not about knickers, no. But good luck with the lottery. In my opinion your chances of winning are exactly the same whather your knockers are inside or out.
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2018, 12:46:32 PM by Ashy »
Freedom is slavery. Leave means subjugation. Apparently

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2018, 11:34:17 AM »
Yes good luck Scrumpy,  talking of the Lotto, when did the Raffle bit get stopped?

Scrumpy

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2018, 02:00:01 PM »
The raffle bit stopped this week.. Not that I ever checked them.. couldnít be bothered.
There is an old lady that I often meet in the Co-op ..Iíve known her a very long time and near Christmas,when she is in the store, I purchase some scratch cards and pass them over to her as a present..
 She phoned me today . She was so excited because she had won 20 pounds on one of them.. That makes me very happy..

[email protected]

Floydian

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2018, 02:29:45 PM »
I got a cheque for £25 from ernie last week...
Thy shalt not covet thy neighbours wife's ass...

Alex22

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2018, 03:17:42 PM »
I stopped doing the lottery when they put it up to £2, I now do the Health Lottery and sometimes have a go on Thunderball.  I put a lottery ticket in with birthday cards for friends  ;D

Johned

« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2018, 04:03:43 PM »
Many years ago, my late and dear brother in law used to be a collector, door to door for Littlewoods Pools.  One evening on collecting their weekly coupon and cash from a particular house, the lady answered the door and curtly informed him "Please, don't call again; we had rather a spectacular win last week and don't wish to partake any further!"  Abruptly she firmly closed the door in his face.  Being a sensitive sort of chap, he narrated this tale to me in rather a hurt manner and said that he received a commission for doing his round but it would have been rather nice to have been offered a drink for his trouble as they had enjoyed a lucky win. Folk can be a tad strange!

Scrumpy

« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2018, 04:36:54 PM »

I couldnít ignore people if I had a win.. Just to see their smiles would make me happy..  I've changed my mind. There are some people I could ignore..

[email protected]

GrannyMac

« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2018, 04:40:28 PM »
Sums it up nicely Scrump. ☺️
'Political correctness is what right wing bigots call what everybody else calls being polite'.

Iain Banks

fortyone

« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2018, 05:49:22 PM »
  I have just noticed that my knickers are not only inside out but back to front..
It sounds to me like you just recently got lucky :)

Just a mug who thought Brexit meant Brexit

granny moss

« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2018, 10:16:17 AM »
For me, winning the lottery now would be a great burden....Having all that money to give away...and having to think where it is needed the most ! No  Thanks....I could not cope with all of that !....gmx