Author Topic: good or bad luck !  (Read 1197 times)

Scrumpy

good or bad luck !
« on: Nov 22, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »
  I have just noticed that my knickers are not only inside out but back to front..      I am not a very superstitious person but I think this calls for a Lotto Ticket buy.    Anybody on here superstitious..?
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Ashy

Re: good or bad luck !
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »
Not about knickers, no. But good luck with the lottery. In my opinion your chances of winning are exactly the same whather your knockers are inside or out.

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2018, 11:34:17 AM »
Yes good luck Scrumpy,  talking of the Lotto, when did the Raffle bit get stopped?

Scrumpy

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2018, 02:00:01 PM »
The raffle bit stopped this week.. Not that I ever checked them.. couldn’t be bothered.
There is an old lady that I often meet in the Co-op ..I’ve known her a very long time and near Christmas,when she is in the store, I purchase some scratch cards and pass them over to her as a present..
 She phoned me today . She was so excited because she had won 20 pounds on one of them.. That makes me very happy..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Floydian

« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2018, 02:29:45 PM »
I got a cheque for £25 from ernie last week...
"Unbelievable, Jeff...."

Alex22

« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2018, 03:17:42 PM »
I stopped doing the lottery when they put it up to £2, I now do the Health Lottery and sometimes have a go on Thunderball.  I put a lottery ticket in with birthday cards for friends  ;D

Johned

« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2018, 04:03:43 PM »
Many years ago, my late and dear brother in law used to be a collector, door to door for Littlewoods Pools.  One evening on collecting their weekly coupon and cash from a particular house, the lady answered the door and curtly informed him "Please, don't call again; we had rather a spectacular win last week and don't wish to partake any further!"  Abruptly she firmly closed the door in his face.  Being a sensitive sort of chap, he narrated this tale to me in rather a hurt manner and said that he received a commission for doing his round but it would have been rather nice to have been offered a drink for his trouble as they had enjoyed a lucky win. Folk can be a tad strange!

Scrumpy

« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2018, 04:36:54 PM »

I couldn’t ignore people if I had a win.. Just to see their smiles would make me happy..  I've changed my mind. There are some people I could ignore..

GrannyMac

« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2018, 04:40:28 PM »
Sums it up nicely Scrump. ☺️
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

fortyone

« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2018, 05:49:22 PM »
  I have just noticed that my knickers are not only inside out but back to front..
It sounds to me like you just recently got lucky :)

granny moss

« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2018, 10:16:17 AM »
For me, winning the lottery now would be a great burden....Having all that money to give away...and having to think where it is needed the most ! No  Thanks....I could not cope with all of that !....gmx

Ashy

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2018, 09:41:31 PM »
Great news! A completely unknown relative has left me $53,000 and it's languishing in the Royal Maritime Bank of Chad. The formalities for releasing it will only set me back £9,000, how's that for a lucky strike?

Diasi

« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2018, 09:53:05 PM »
I have just noticed that my knickers are not only inside out but back to front..      I am not a very superstitious person but I think this calls for a Lotto Ticket buy.    Anybody on here superstitious..?

I'd have thought it called for a visit to the opticians.  ;D
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

little bob

« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2018, 09:55:39 PM »
Great news! A completely unknown relative has left me $53,000 and it's languishing in the Royal Maritime Bank of Chad. The formalities for releasing it will only set me back £9,000, how's that for a lucky strike?

It must be the same chap who contacted me Ashy--only my prize was $60,000  ::)