Author Topic: the cost of sending christmas cards.  (Read 58 times)

Alfred

the cost of sending christmas cards.
« on: Nov 25, 2018, 08:19:08 AM »

Im sure many people will have written out their Christmas cards by now, and others most likely either going to do it, whilst others possibly will simply stop writing cards,

as the cost  is getting considerable due to the increase in the price of stamps, however  cards them selves have got cheaper and there are some very nice cards to be seen,

Q; do you think the price of sending cards is too much as stamps aren't getting any cheaper,
      at all,.

GrannyMac

Re: the cost of sending christmas cards.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2018, 09:21:38 AM »
We don't send many these days, and as you say, the cards themselves are relatively inexpensive.
'Political correctness is what right wing bigots call what everybody else calls being polite'.

Iain Banks

Traveller

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2018, 10:15:12 AM »
We buy Christmas cards in January for the following season.  Most are for neighbours and friends in the village so we distribute them by hand.  Only a few are posted and once a year, I don't mind the cost too much.

(When I was a student back in the 60's, I used to work as a temp. postie at Christmas.
Those were the days of two posts a day and loads of cards to be delivered.  Can't remember the cost  - 4d. for a card ??) 
Worked hard all my life with no help from my friends,
Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.

Scrumpy

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2018, 10:25:32 AM »

Most of mine are hand delivered.. First Class is rip off.  I heard that both first and second are treated the same..  I send mine early by second class..
Don't think of a caterpillar dying..Think of a butterfly living.

[email protected]

fortyone

« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2018, 10:40:08 AM »
Same here. I doubt many do anything else apart from Liz.

Just a mug who thought Brexit meant Brexit