Author Topic: I have lost the will to do anything  (Read 2273 times)

MARTIN

I have lost the will to do anything
« on: Nov 25, 2018, 02:00:40 PM »
I have lost the will to do anything   :( :-[

Scrumpy

Re: I have lost the will to do anything
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2018, 02:20:24 PM »

Don't be sad Martin.. I know it is damned hard to fight off feelings like this..
 At least you haven't curled up in a ball in the corner.. You have come on here to say how you feel..  That's a good sign.. My love to you and your wife..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alex22

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2018, 02:33:45 PM »
Are there no other expats living near to you ? sometimes a chat with someone outside the immediate family can lift the spirits a little, if only for an hour or so.   I hope your curtain lifts soon, hang in there Martin.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »
Martin
I can't offer you any solace - Veronica died just over nine months ago and I feel than I am not living - just somehow existing without her, When she died I was sure that life without her would be grim, but never for a moment did I realise just how bloody awful life without her would be. To be honest, if I believed that there is a life after death - but I don't - i would have done away with myself in the hope of being reunited with her in some higher plain. I don't, but I do have this belief that if I had gone down that path I would have somehow been betraying her memory.
I am not arrogant enough to believe that my situation is unique - sadly that is far from the case - but all I can cling on to at the moment is the fact that we had truly great times together, and I try - so far without much success - to get those memories overpower the misery I am suffering.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Audrine

« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2018, 02:48:45 PM »
I feel for you all who have lost the will, I think loneliness is probably part of the problem. Not much to do about it except remember we all all on borrowed time, so try to make the most of it. It's hard I know. God bless you all! Audrine

Ashy

« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2018, 04:45:11 PM »
Why not come home to England? Surely one look at the town where you grew up will be enough to fire your enthusiasm.

Alfred

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2018, 06:20:22 PM »

Hello Martin,
im sorry your feeling low,and most likely a little run down,  how ever  are  there any of your relatives, or family, even friends ,  living in England or else where that you could say write to , even skype, or phone, that you could chat to , perhaps a nice relaxing book , something of interest say an enjoyable book  which will lift your spirits, 

how ever i hope youll feel better and soon,  best wishes to you and your good lady wife,

alfred,

granny moss

« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2018, 10:00:49 AM »
I had a very busy life. Micky run his own business and there was always a lot going on. Never a dull moment. Now, on my own, in my annexe, I feel very lonely at times, and I would probably not bother even to get up, but my daughter and her husband live in the bungalow, and that makes me get up. I find the day very long and the nights I truly hate. Today I am going on Google, and find how to draw with coloured pencils...just something to do to kill some of the time.....My hands are painful and I cannot knit or crochet anymore...All my family in Italy have gone and my husband and his family have also gone. All the friends I had, have gone in their 60s and 70s....That leaves me alone.  My family (children grown up...) are all much younger than me....and a different generation. So I do get very down at times...But I do surf the net and find a lot of very interesting things to keep my interest occupied. Without the computer, I would be really be very depressed. I am housebound because of my very bad leg.I know all about depression...It is devastating. Do not know what to say to help. Send love and hope you will pull through....gmxxx

Yellowbird

« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2018, 03:02:24 PM »
Hi Martin I’m sorry you are so sad, I can’t imagine how dreadful it is for you
I looked up The Samaritans in Spain they have a free phone number 900525100 or email pat@samaritansinspain.co they would listen to you any time day or night when things get very bad. They do help. Hope you are feeling a bit better today🌻
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Hugh

« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2018, 04:09:22 PM »
Martin, you have to pull yourself together and keep busy. Its not easy but its very much what I am having to do at the moment. My wife in the city hospital in Nottingham with brain cancer. Traveling over an hour each way when I get there she's quite often a sleep. Not even sure if she knows me. I have an house to look after and a dog to walk. If she manages to get home again I have got to make sure its clean and tidy. Purchased a carpet cleaner this morning so now able to clean the carpets through the house and keep myself busy.

Scrumpy

« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2018, 06:38:03 PM »
My thoughts are with you Hugh.. It is not easy.. Whatever age we are.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Hugh

« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2018, 08:30:07 PM »
I am 79 and Yvonne 77 Scrumpy. Its not easy but like many others I am doing my best to have an active life. Yvonne's spirit will always be with me that's for sure.

firenze

« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2018, 09:33:07 PM »
Loneliness is there without our partner,I have existed since my husband died, tho' never the same ever again. Put your best face forward Martin.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Hugh

« Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2018, 09:38:30 AM »
Should my Wife Yvonne should leave me I am convinced in my own mind her spirit will remain. I am pretty certain she would be very unhappy if I allowed my self to suffer with loneliness for the rest of my life. With a little careful thought loneliness can be over come.

Scrumpy

« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2018, 10:42:28 AM »

Hugh.. You have a lovely positive mind..