Author Topic: Falls  (Read 3209 times)

Yellowbird

Falls
« on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:39:51 PM »
Rons just fallen down the step in the garden, had terrible job getting him up, he’s shocked and very bruised sorry just had to tell someone. just managed to get him up.
Born sceptic grown even more sceptic sadly

Sheila

Re: Falls
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:42:01 PM »
Sorry to hear that Yellowbird.  You must both be shaken up.  Do you have a relative or neighbour who could pop round for a while?

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:46:18 PM »
Oh Sheeeze that gives you such a fright when your a bit older. A nice hot cuppa then a wee sleep should help a lot.  :-\

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2018, 02:48:12 PM »
How awful for you both YB. Lucky nothing's broken I suppose but at least you were there to help him. Good on yer. Can't've been easy. Big hug from me.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Yellowbird

« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2018, 03:06:38 PM »
Thanks for posts, I’ve given him paracetamols. Both our Sons live away but would come, don’t want to worry them unless I have to. Our cleaning lady is here and has helped. Thanks for hug Zoony

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2018, 03:19:51 PM »
What areas did he hurt? Sometimes a fall can do unsuspected damage which gets exacerbated later into something more serious
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2018, 04:36:28 PM »

Horrible for you both.. But you are doing all the right things..
I hope Ron comes out of it with just the bruising. So lovely that you have one another... My love to you both.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Alfred

« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2018, 07:01:13 PM »

With regards to you both i too hope that Ron will soon make a good recovery as im sure many of us at one time or other have had this happen to us, and without doubt it really shakes you up and like everything else you have got to get up and carry on ,

a few years ago my wife broke both her arms but at different times . one indoors the other tripping up on a street pavement which the local council wouldn't do any thing about it ,

so yes weve been there and sympathise with Ron as it does really shake you up,  anyway i wish him well, and hope fully soon, he will be up and about , so good luck Ron, best wishes...   Alfred,

GrannyMac

« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2018, 07:45:45 PM »
Getting older means being more careful, and not trying to rush.  I hope Ron's ok.  We all need to take it steady through the bad weather.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Johned

« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2018, 04:02:45 PM »
My wife has had numerous falls lately.  Rather worrying and very difficult for me at my age, to get her to her feet.  Fortunately our eldest daughter lives with us and recently she was able to help my wife up and back into bed when she fell in the bathroom.  She cut her nose and grazed her arm and is still suffering pain from twisting her abdomen.  I find it difficult to climb the stairs; a blessing to reach old age but it has it's disadvantages too.

Yellowbird

« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2018, 10:06:42 PM »
Ron finally excepted that he had to go to hospital The ambulance finally arrived and took us to hospital at 11.30 am. He has broken some bones and they kept him in, I stayed with him in A&E till 7.0pm when he insisted I come home as I had had no food. Just rang hospilal and he is still laying in A & E waiting for a bed to come up. I am so worried. Sorry to come on with gloom but it helps to talk.

zoony

« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2018, 10:14:40 PM »
On the other hand, he'll be properly diagnosed and treated, given pain relief and some rest. Just a matter of you relaxing now. There's nothing for you to do except make plans for some temporary changes to make which will help him at home for a little while. They'll not keep him an hour longer than they have to.

cowboy wisdom.

Yellowbird

« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2018, 10:54:32 PM »
Thanks for replying Zoony I feel so helpless

zoony

« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2018, 11:27:50 PM »
Take a moment YB...At this point the only thing you can do is put the kettle on...or similar. It's out of your hands. I'll stay up with you until he's found a bed.

cowboy wisdom.

crabbyob

« Reply #14 on: Nov 29, 2018, 03:20:07 AM »
one of the perils of old age we no longer bounce...
i have a wet room here in india, then its a step down onto a marble floor... yep twice so far, the second time i battered the back of my head on the step... no misshaps this year yet, i take great care, but, we sometimes forget, and are rushing for no reason at all
Rons in the best place, i'm sorry he has broken bones, but you need to be calm for both of your sakes, he will be more worried about you... so make sure you have a good breakfast before setting off to visit him, you need to be looking after you first... i hope he ok, and you also, its not easy to be calm at times like this, but take some nice deep breaths, and good luck to you both..
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”