Author Topic: Project fear schedule  (Read 2227 times)

fortyone

Re: Project fear schedule
« Reply #15 on: Nov 29, 2018, 02:55:55 PM »
Who wants to pull up the drawbridge?

Diasi

« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2018, 04:05:01 PM »

Part of the answer to that is that we live in a global economy. We cant simply pull up the drawbridge!

While most of the economic predictions made before the 16 referendum failed to materialise we have undoubtedly been affected.  A 20% drop in the £/Euro for instance, has a real world impact.

The drop in the £ has been a real bonus for our exports & has safeguarded / created jobs in manufacturing.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #17 on: Nov 29, 2018, 04:07:47 PM »
Every silver-lining has a cloud..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

granny moss

« Reply #18 on: Nov 29, 2018, 04:14:39 PM »
Everybody needs to trade and keep exporting whatever they produce. I have lived through sanctions in Italy. We simply bought made in Italy staff. Whatever goes on, we shall manage. England is pretty amazing at adapting to the situation. When the time comes I am sure we  shall all pull together. Unless we have all lost our marbles......and common sense...gmx

xetog

« Reply #19 on: Nov 29, 2018, 05:27:26 PM »

I am afraid you are counting on the snowflake generation.  Whilst there are young people willing to work hard, the majority seem to spend their time thinking up new incursions for political correctness.  Up until the last few years, my view would have been like yours, but it seems we can no longer rely on the grit of a large proportion of the young.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

mick607

« Reply #20 on: Nov 29, 2018, 07:34:55 PM »
I am afraid you are counting on the snowflake generation.  Whilst there are young people willing to work hard, the majority seem to spend their time thinking up new incursions for political correctness.  Up until the last few years, my view would have been like yours, but it seems we can no longer rely on the grit of a large proportion of the young.

Mike.X
Well said that man !

Diasi

« Reply #21 on: Nov 29, 2018, 09:51:12 PM »
Every silver-lining has a cloud..

I doubt that all the workers who got jobs in manufacturing, as a result of Brexit, will regard it as a cloud in a silver lining & neither will those who've seen wage rises since Brexit.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #22 on: Nov 30, 2018, 04:39:52 AM »
lol... the brits abroad got under the cloud with immediate effect Zoony
the rupee went from 100 to the pound to 80 in about one day after brexit
but make no mistake i would vote the same tomorrow
p.s. its about 89 at pres it got back up to 96 at one point
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

digitalis

« Reply #23 on: Nov 30, 2018, 07:51:29 AM »
A child would realize there must be growth in the economy if theres an additional 5/6 million extra people now in the country after 10 years. All will have to be fed,housed,schooled. I just wonder how many more people the country can or should take.The place inparts is just one ugly rural slag heap.Pockets of heaven,yes. But even they are vanishing. What a slum

digitalis

« Reply #24 on: Nov 30, 2018, 08:02:25 AM »

Once upon a time their was an actress who played her part as a vicar and was employed by the governments broadcasting network to sell to the people....gee,I do believe its true!
I think Newsnight has the story.
Project fear....done in granny steps. Expect more as time goes on. Crackers!

fortyone

« Reply #25 on: Nov 30, 2018, 10:05:18 AM »
November 30: International trade

Still on track. She's buggered off abroad. I do wish she would stay there.

Ashy

« Reply #26 on: Nov 30, 2018, 10:10:07 AM »
Perhaps she will contract some tropical disease against which she has no natural immunity and cannot take the antibiotics due to her overall ill health.