Author Topic: self protection,  (Read 579 times)

Alfred

self protection,
« on: Nov 29, 2018, 02:00:59 PM »

With todays policing, and the blue thin line even getting thinner, is it a good idea to protect your self from , say robbers, vandals, muggers or any thing else as the police are now having to prioritise their methods when it comes to protecting the general public,.and you might not get the protection that you thought you were entitled to have, ??

Q; do you have  any points of view regarding protecting yourself in what ever situation,

Raven

Re: self protection,
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2018, 02:11:12 PM »
I keep a Baseball Bat within my reach in the bedroom, anyone who is there without an invite will meet the business end of it. I am not waiting to be beaten, raped or assaulted in any way. I would hit first and ask questions later. >:(

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2018, 04:13:33 PM »
And if you use it there are good odds that you will be done for using excessive force on some poor little darling - there is example after example of this happening.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2018, 04:15:44 PM »
I have made a 15 min recording of Brian's posts to play, that's enough to put the s***s up any intruder.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2018, 04:16:35 PM »
I have made a 15 min recording of Brian's posts to play, that's enough to put the [censored] up any intruder.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mike

Raven

« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2018, 06:13:15 PM »
And if you use it there are good odds that you will be done for using excessive force on some poor little darling - there is example after example of this happening.
Mike

Possibly, but that's the way it would be. If you creep into my home then I would not, as I said, wait for them to abuse me.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2018, 06:47:49 PM »
Entirely agree - unfortunately our so called justice system seems more concerned with the rights of the criminal than with those of the victim.
A late American correspondent of mine once expressed amazement at the namby-pamby treatment intruders get in this country, and countered my comment about how easily one can be accused of using excessive force by saying 'at least it's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six'.
Mike

Scrumpy

« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2018, 10:11:57 AM »

Self protection.!!  Gave that up after the menopause..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Johned

« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2018, 10:16:53 AM »
If you are menaced by an intruder in your bedroom in the early hours, just sit him down with a nice cup of tea and reason with him.  He will see the error of his ways and depart peacefully.  And you can tell this to the army, the navy and tell it to the marines!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2018, 10:41:24 AM »
After all, he's only exercising his human rights, isn't he?
Mike