Author Topic: Unique life happenings.....  (Read 157 times)

granny moss

Unique life happenings.....
« on: Nov 29, 2018, 03:53:30 PM »
Today at last I felt I could start revising my life story. Editing. I managed to do 30 pages....another 300 to go...!   It made me realised that some happenings were quite unique !....Remember when I was coming back home from Italy, and I was very ill. I was travelling in a couchette compartment, and the French conductor was keeping other travellers away by telling them that I was very ill and I needed to be left in peace. The next morning, the train arrived in Paris, and the travellers were all getting off and to the Metro, to get to la Gare du Nord to get on with the journey to Calais. The guard kindly said to me: You do not go. You stay on the train and we go there.
I had my hair cut and styled in Torino by the Royal family hairdresser....How many have that happening ? He was my uncle  :D  I sat , during a dinner at a  London Hotel, at the top table with the VIP....It was Lord Stokes and his Lady...by request by him...they sat me between them, because I came from Udine, the place he and his wife loved and where he had the business of the timetable cascade in railway stations, and aero ports all over the world....They just wanted me  to chat about my home town. I was very vivacious and young....When we lived at the railway cottage, the goods train used to stop in front of it and the engine driver used to fill my mother's large washing tub with hot water from the engine !  and in autumn, the driver would stop the train by the cottage and we unloaded the old railway sleepers that provided the warmth for the winter...It really sound so very strange now :o I had a very long life and lots of things happened that seem so strange now ! gmx

Alex22

Re: Unique life happenings.....
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2018, 05:40:23 PM »
Really interesting to read about your life GM,  mine seems very mundane in comparison !   ;D

mick607

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2018, 07:33:55 PM »
Today at last I felt I could start revising my life story. Editing. I managed to do 30 pages....another 300 to go...!   It made me realised that some happenings were quite unique !....Remember when I was coming back home from Italy, and I was very ill. I was travelling in a couchette compartment, and the French conductor was keeping other travellers away by telling them that I was very ill and I needed to be left in peace. The next morning, the train arrived in Paris, and the travellers were all getting off and to the Metro, to get to la Gare du Nord to get on with the journey to Calais. The guard kindly said to me: You do not go. You stay on the train and we go there.
I had my hair cut and styled in Torino by the Royal family hairdresser....How many have that happening ? He was my uncle  :D  I sat , during a dinner at a  London Hotel, at the top table with the VIP....It was Lord Stokes and his Lady...by request by him...they sat me between them, because I came from Udine, the place he and his wife loved and where he had the business of the timetable cascade in railway stations, and aero ports all over the world....They just wanted me  to chat about my home town. I was very vivacious and young....When we lived at the railway cottage, the goods train used to stop in front of it and the engine driver used to fill my mother's large washing tub with hot water from the engine !  and in autumn, the driver would stop the train by the cottage and we unloaded the old railway sleepers that provided the warmth for the winter...It really sound so very strange now :o I had a very long life and lots of things happened that seem so strange now ! gmx
MORE !

Dave G

« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2018, 11:36:15 AM »
Wonderful, Granny. I feel as if I'm sitting at your feet listening intently ...  :D
Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.