Author Topic: Mobile phones  (Read 376 times)

mick607

Re: Mobile phones
« Reply #30 on: Dec 01, 2018, 09:25:07 AM »
Thanks for the link.

GiffGaff & Lycra are out because after the first 20GB  & 9GB respectively, they throttle the speed to little more than dial-up speed so in effect they offer an unlimited but virtually unusable service.

Virgin are out because I'm not a Virgin cable customer.

3 Mobile looks promising & I was with them for a number of years until I moved into one of their no signal areas & left them. If I went back to them I'd have to buy one of their phones though.

Today is the last day for the Three SIM only unlimited everything for 20 deal.

Coastal

« Reply #31 on: Dec 01, 2018, 09:58:05 AM »
Unlimited wouldn't be much use to me,
I pay 7.50 a month including the phone, and on average I use about 15 minutes in calls a month out of 250, 10 to 15 texts a year from 5000 a month, and about 10% of the data allowance.
My Flickr Pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Do the younger generation study stupidity at school, some seem very well qualified 👍

brian54

« Reply #32 on: Dec 01, 2018, 01:44:14 PM »
I have a mobile phone and it has been used 4 times for 999 calls. On 1 occasion I was in a library of a hotel and there was a notice saying no mobile phones.
A woman was on the floor and I was on to the 999 service and I was taking instructions from the operator. Another woman tried to snatch my phone out of my hand but I overpowered her. I pointed out the seriousness of the situation but she said she did not care. The paramedics came in and she gave them abuse.
Fortunately I had a call a few weeks later saying the woman had made a full recovery.

fortyone

« Reply #33 on: Dec 01, 2018, 07:19:12 PM »
In a word bоllucks. This rubbish doesn't even earn an amusing animation.

Just a mug who thought Brexit meant Brexit

Ashy

« Reply #34 on: Dec 01, 2018, 08:08:06 PM »
It must be a true story because we have heard it before.

http://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,16192.msg259379.html#msg259379
Freedom is slavery. Leave means subjugation. Apparently

Coastal

« Reply #35 on: Dec 01, 2018, 09:37:30 PM »
And I watched a film on telly the other day ...... SANTA REALLY EXISTS
My Flickr Pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Do the younger generation study stupidity at school, some seem very well qualified 👍

GrannyMac

« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2018, 07:06:44 AM »
I don't go out these days without my phone. My OH reminds me to take it, so I can ring if there's a problem with the car (it happened once) or if I pop into the supermarket I can give him a bell to see if we need anything. I look at my forums on it, use texts and messenger, and play online scrabble!

I sometimes use the camera, particularly if I'm with the grandchildren.  Modern mobiles are fantastic IMO.
'Political correctness is what right wing bigots call what everybody else calls being polite'.

Iain Banks