Author Topic: Paris on fire tonight  (Read 3699 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: Paris on fire tonight
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2018, 03:06:49 PM »
The 'We Know Best' class at work again - a 23% hike in fuel cost in a year - why should ordinary folk have to accept that when it bears most heavily on the rural poor and hardly at all on the urban rich?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Ashy

« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2018, 03:49:38 PM »
There, in just a few words, you have explained almost everything that is going wrong with the world, at least our bit of it. Politicians making life hard for the many.

Diasi

« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2018, 09:30:42 PM »
The 'We Know Best' class at work again - a 23% hike in fuel cost in a year - why should ordinary folk have to accept that when it bears most heavily on the rural poor and hardly at all on the urban rich?
Mike

That's what I was pointing out in my posts, also the Metropolitan urban elite have all the public transport infrastructure while the rural dwellers have no choice but to use their cars.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2018, 09:36:10 PM »
Very true
Mike

fortyone

Dave G

« Reply #20 on: Dec 05, 2018, 09:59:45 AM »
It's amazing to see this happening. I understand the angst. We Aussie are rather apathetic and wouldn't dream of doing this. I've heard a bit about on the BBC World Service. Would this happen in the UK if the circumstances were the same? Genuinely would like to know.
Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.

fortyone

« Reply #21 on: Dec 05, 2018, 10:01:15 AM »
We may be about to find out.....

Dave G

« Reply #22 on: Dec 05, 2018, 10:27:51 AM »
I hope not. I've never known such crazy times, politics wise, in both the UK and Australia.  :o
Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.

Ashy

« Reply #23 on: Dec 05, 2018, 11:30:05 AM »
I think it is reasonable to suppose that there could be some civil resistance. We had rioting in the time of Margaret Thatcher, most unpleasant for the people involved, and we lost some significant buildings including the Tottenham Co-op.

fortyone

« Reply #24 on: Dec 05, 2018, 12:06:12 PM »
I think it's quite possible that the last European leaders to let their countries down as badly as May were Hitler and Mussilini. I can't see May shooting herself....

digitalis

« Reply #25 on: Dec 05, 2018, 01:06:50 PM »

I don't think the French will want my sympathies,but I will give them anyhow. Some of the northern French towns now are forgotten: shops gone to outskirts,the once picturesque and thriving inner town centres deserted,run down,shabby. Its the ring doughnut picture as has been happening in GB. You get the impression that their industries have gone,with nothing to replace them but rain and awfulness. The Decathlons and Carrefour have replaced the local boulangerie and wotnot. Its all pretty sad. With little hope of any renewel it must be a wonder why criminality and drug taking aren't on the rise as like in America.

All the above is of indifference to the French political elite,and which mirror our own here in GB. Yes,they will voice concern and worry with the appropriate pained faces...but be assured whilst partying with their own and other monied peoples the above will be ignored up until and unless the despicables threaten their very being

fortyone

« Reply #26 on: Dec 05, 2018, 10:13:06 PM »

Michael Rolls

« Reply #27 on: Dec 06, 2018, 07:38:10 AM »
And what's the betting that our idiots will still sign the migration pact?
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #28 on: Dec 06, 2018, 07:49:30 AM »
And what's the betting that our idiots will still sign the migration pact?
Mike

It's a certainty that the Government will sign us up to it, without asking us if we want it.

This is a good example of the UK being a democratic dictatorship.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

fortyone

« Reply #29 on: Dec 06, 2018, 09:55:24 AM »
This is a good example of the UK being a dictatorship.

There. Fixed it for you. No pretence of democracy these days.