Author Topic: Paris on fire tonight  (Read 3697 times)

Diasi

Re: Paris on fire tonight
« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2018, 11:18:26 AM »
I think it is reasonable to suppose that there could be some civil resistance. We had rioting in the time of Margaret Thatcher, most unpleasant for the people involved, and we lost some significant buildings including the Tottenham Co-op.

Well that wouldn't have paid dividends.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

fortyone

« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2018, 01:22:28 PM »
Holland having a go now and the tax concession hasn't halted the French protests either.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/12/06/rebellion-spreads-yellow-jackets-plan-action-across-netherlands/

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/12/05/victory-macron-permanently-cancels-planned-fuel-tax-hike-after-yellow-vest-protests/

Plus there are issues in Belgium over the UN migration Pact but I'll post about that in the thread on it.

All these protests are about the elite riding roughshod over the little guys. Is that backstop a problem after all? Will there even be an EU in two years.

Ashy

« Reply #32 on: Dec 06, 2018, 05:40:31 PM »
It is absolutely symptomatic of the vast division between the political class and the mass of people. How we got into this mess is a mystery but I am of the opinion that career politics and paying the lazy parasites vast sums, well over what they would earn if they could get a proper job, has quite a bit to do with it.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #34 on: Dec 07, 2018, 11:43:21 AM »
I have always been an opponent of mob rule - but there has to come a time when the non-listeners, having sowed the wind, will reap the whirlwind - it looks as though France is heading down that route. Might the same happen here over Brexit? I doubt it - but remember the Tottenham riots, etc - the UK isn't totally proof against mass revolt.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #35 on: Dec 07, 2018, 11:48:12 AM »
I have always been an opponent of mob rule - but there has to come a time when the non-listeners, having sowed the wind, will reap the whirlwind - it looks as though France is heading down that route. Might the same happen here over Brexit? I doubt it - but remember the Tottenham riots, etc - the UK isn't totally proof against mass revolt.
Mike

I think riots have a valid place in society, especially when I need a new 65" TV.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #36 on: Dec 07, 2018, 11:50:04 AM »
I think riots have a valid place in society, especially when I need a new 65" TV.
;D ;D ;D
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

fortyone

« Reply #37 on: Dec 08, 2018, 10:11:28 AM »
One other thing I noted. In the news stories they are reporting that there will be 90,000 riot police in France today. That's a lot I thought and resolved to check just how many police we have here. We'll I got around to that just now. The answer is in the whole of the UK we have 126,000 including transport police and "on secondment" whatever that means.

Here's a video of some of Frances riot police standing up to dangerous school children. This has apparently caused a bit of a [censored] storm on social media in France.

https://youtu.be/eQ7v43omodA

BazzerPontefract

« Reply #38 on: Dec 08, 2018, 10:54:00 AM »
The worlds media is asking what on earth are the "yellow vests" protesting about.  They suggested it was a diesel tax, but postponement of that did not stop a thing.
The truth is the French are like every other sham-democracy, they are fed-up with everything, not a single thing, but everything.

The streets abandoned to people pushing drugs and idle professional beggars,
The streets given over to betting shops and charity shops and primark.
The people pushing drugs killing each other.
The people consuming drugs shoplifting, breaking into our homes, vandalising public and private property.
Our grandkids can't get into the schools their parents want because of immigration.
There are shortages of everything, from homes to healthcare, again because of a pressure of numbers.
The streets are unsweeped and our bins aren't emptied.
Our towns and cities have become ghettos - different ethicities living confrontational parallel lives. 
House prices and rent increases because of pressure from increased numbers.
Lower wages and less jobs because of pressure from increased numbers.
Politicians who say they listen, but ignore what they hear.

Apparently, the immigrant communities living in the banlieues of french cities are not joining the yellow vest protests because they believe/fear the protests are essentially anti-immigrant.  They are wrong, the protests are anti-immigration because immigration is adding to every single domestic problem that the politicians can't cure.  The one thing they could cure easily, immigration, they ignore.

Take back control, don't cede control to the unaccountable and the elites.  Allez les francais.

Other explanations are welcome.

Diasi

« Reply #39 on: Dec 08, 2018, 11:18:09 AM »
That's sums it up very well.