Author Topic: making christmas that little bit better,  (Read 494 times)

Alfred

making christmas that little bit better,
« on: Dec 04, 2018, 05:57:39 PM »

Every Christmas my family and i phone a number of people we know very well and who will be on their own for what ever reason,  on  Christmas day,  and boxing day,

so we,  my family and i, do this every Christmas , as im sure many people would appreciate a phone call,             
even though there are some who might not want one,

Q; Christmas could for some people be a lonely time, and so im sure many of them would like a cheerful phone call, even for a brief period,.

GrannyMac

Re: making christmas that little bit better,
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2018, 07:26:28 AM »
Thoughtful Alfred.  I'm sure they appreciate it.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2018, 09:21:04 AM »

Alfred... You are one of the good guys.. x
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

mick607

« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2018, 09:51:48 AM »

Every Christmas my family and i phone a number of people we know very well and who will be on their own for what ever reason,  on  Christmas day,  and boxing day,

so we,  my family and i, do this every Christmas , as im sure many people would appreciate a phone call,             
even though there are some who might not want one,

Q; Christmas could for some people be a lonely time, and so im sure many of them would like a cheerful phone call, even for a brief period,.
Why not invite them round for Christmas dinner ! I.m sure they would appreciate that even more.

Alfred

« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2018, 02:50:18 PM »

Hi Mick ,

yes we would , how ever  sadly as it is  many of these people are unable  to walk very far at all and for others prefer to stay in their own home., as it would be too much trouble for them.,

basically many prefer not to go out at all, and not all live locally either which  is another  problem, as others get tired easily enough, and so on, so that's why we chose simply to phone them simply to let them know their not forgotten, the nearest one to us lives ten miles away and prefers to stay at home ,

so it was decided to simply make a  phone call instead, and so this seemed  to be the only answer,