Author Topic: When family members fall out.....  (Read 622 times)

granny moss

When family members fall out.....
« on: Dec 05, 2018, 04:18:27 PM »
It is so sad.My grandson n.1 is estranged from his mum.... They are both stubborn, and it is not something I want to get mixed up with. So, I am keeping in touch with him, and have not made or mentioned anything to him. I play as I do not know. But I find it very difficult to write him e mails, avoiding to mention that I know  of the breach with his mother. I truly wish that people were not so difficult, and they could have a good talk and sort things out....Micky and I never sulked or stopped talking to each other. We had so much love to hold us together.We always said good morning and goodnight, no matter what. I do hope I can slowly get him to come to see us at Christmas. He is working hard in London. He has a lovely young partner loving and missing him. I am sad for her, being so unhappy. I wish people were more aware that life is so short and it is foolish to waste time creating unhappiness for trivial reasons. At the end of our lives it would be nice not to have any regrets. I feel quite miserable, but I know that my interfering would not do.  So, I go on pretending and hoping to a happy ending to all this misery. gmx

Scrumpy

Re: When family members fall out.....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2018, 07:42:29 PM »
granny moss. You are right not to get involved. Let them get on with it.. They will soon realise how immature they both are.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

GrannyMac

« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2018, 08:38:44 PM »
Try not to worry GM. They are adults.  Its distressing when families fall out, all you can do is maintain your own relationships with them.  I wish you well.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2018, 09:33:11 PM »
Sometimes it's better when family members do become estranged.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

granny moss

« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2018, 05:27:04 AM »
 ??? 

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2018, 08:02:54 AM »
You may be miserable about them being estranged but they may be pleased that they don't have to have any contact & it's their lives, not yours.

If they're happy with no contact & it's what they want, why aren't you happy for them?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Scrumpy

« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2018, 08:40:53 AM »
 I agree with Diasi..  If family members don't want to talk to one another let them get on with it.. There is no written rule that says we have to like everyone because they are family.. 
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.