Author Topic: when too much money becomes obscene....  (Read 361 times)

granny moss

when too much money becomes obscene....
« on: Dec 06, 2018, 05:42:09 AM »
Watching a Documentary on expensive hotels....where one night costs £22.000 !....It is amazing how too much money brings out the worst in some people ....The place was so horrible I would not stay there at all, not even for a penny !  It reminds me when on my honeymoon in Venice, our friends booked us in the most expensive large hotel on the Lido. As soon as I entered the lobby, all those opulent chandeliers....I bolted and run out of it....They found for us a lovely family hotel, La Meridiana....and with it's own private beach...We had a lovely time....gmx

Alex22

Re: when too much money becomes obscene....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2018, 12:03:20 PM »
Yes, but it's nice to see how the other half lives sometimes GM  ;)

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2018, 12:50:27 PM »

I watch  'A Very British Country House'.  It is the country house that Megan Merkle chose  to leave from  as a bride going off to get married. What an eye opener. It is a very popular hotel since Megan M used it.

One member of the staff said that the Americans were the friendliest.. Russians had no manners and seldom said 'Thank you'.. The born wealthy expected nothing less than the best and the (new) money thought it their right to be treated like Kings because they thought that was what money bought.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

zoony

« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2018, 05:36:23 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, wealthy folk deserve each other's company. ;)
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2018, 06:20:51 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, wealthy folk deserve each other's company. ;)

There are lovely people at every level of wealth, being poor doesn't convey decency.  I try to judge people mostly on their behaviour to others.

There was a very wealthy couple here in Sheffield.  They became wealthy by winning over £7 million in the lottery, and made so many others happy by giving away more than £5.5 million.

But some are real a--holes.  😳
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais