Author Topic: Just no other word - unbelievable  (Read 1624 times)

Diasi

Re: Just no other word - unbelievable
« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2018, 04:41:21 PM »

A while ago I was speaking to a 17 year old who was at work paying tax.
I can see his point when he said as he was paying tax he should have some say in how his money is spent.

Why? I suspect most of us disapprove of one aspect or another of how the government spends our money.

Ah, bless him, what a shining example of the naivety of youth.

Give him another 10 years & he'll be as old as I was when I become a full-time cynic.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

digitalis

« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2018, 11:59:07 AM »

Lets try and be serious here...

I think its 15 year old Iranians who are commandeering rubber motorized boats from Calais and guiding them across the channel to the UK. It really is tragic. They've navigated across some 6 countries to get to the UK where at least they can sit for secondary exams. Yes,some have beards and are 6 foot plus,but it is by having to make such a journey that they put on muscle and beard growth: survival of the fittest.
Let us not prejudge peoples by the way they look. Having a 6 foot young lad with a beard sit in with your 11 year old daughter for maths shouldn't excite any suspicions: our authorities will not complain.

Has anyone any pictures of elderly looking youngsters. I recall one fine looking Syrian youngster who had well defined abs and chisel chin with stubble. I think he said e was 16. The newspapers had him as 30. Outrage!

Diasi

« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2018, 12:11:09 PM »
A lot of young Middle-Eastern types have beard & moustache growth at an early age & a few of them are males.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

fortyone

« Reply #18 on: Dec 08, 2018, 01:01:24 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Dec 08, 2018, 02:49:15 PM »

A while ago I was speaking to a 17 year old who was at work paying tax.
I can see his point when he said as he was paying tax he should have some say in how his money is spent.
Big deal - he's paid tax for how long? A year? I have paid tax for 64 years - so who has the greater claim?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

fortyone

« Reply #20 on: Dec 08, 2018, 03:21:30 PM »
Bet you never once got consulted on the spending of it  either.

Scrumpy

« Reply #21 on: Dec 08, 2018, 03:50:03 PM »
A lot of young Middle-Eastern types have beard & moustache growth at an early age & a few of them are males.

;D ;D
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

« Reply #22 on: Dec 08, 2018, 04:06:25 PM »
Big deal - he's paid tax for how long? A year? I have paid tax for 64 years - so who has the greater claim?
Mike

But don't you envy his youthful naivety in thinking that he will have any control over how his taxes are spent by virtue of being able to vote, before he's old enough to have the optimism knocked out of him by the realisation of the facts.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Dec 08, 2018, 09:22:51 PM »
But don't you envy his youthful naivety in thinking that he will have any control over how his taxes are spent by virtue of being able to vote, before he's old enough to have the optimism knocked out of him by the realisation of the facts.
Well said!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!