Author Topic: are you a hoarder,  (Read 1056 times)

Alfred

are you a hoarder,
« on: Dec 07, 2018, 12:26:48 PM »

Im sure many of us including myself and my family inadvertently  start in innocents by hoarding items which we think will be useful at some time in the future, and over time we have to find more space without probably realising that we dont really need that much,

Q;   so are you a hoarder,. and will you tell us about it, ??

fortyone

Re: are you a hoarder,
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2018, 02:00:29 PM »
For me it is usually buying something better than a working item I have. As such things are usually electrical and most local charity shops won't take them and you need to drive to the horrible local tip to recycle them a lot find their way to the loft as "spares" should they ever be needed. I don't recall any ever having been.

Raven

« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2018, 04:22:48 PM »
OMG No, my Ex was and it drove me bonkers. When he was in hospital for 5 weeks I had a massive clearout you should have seen the junk and rubbish I took to the Coup. I like minimal and a place for everything.

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2018, 05:11:38 PM »
For me it is usually buying something better than a working item I have. As such things are usually electrical and most local charity shops won't take them and you need to drive to the horrible local tip to recycle them a lot find their way to the loft as "spares" should they ever be needed. I don't recall any ever having been.

Snap, I've just bought a new convector heater because the old one was looking a bit battered, although it's still working.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Coastal

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2018, 05:39:04 PM »
Yes I am a bit of an hoarder, and I have a spare room to prove it, 20+ plastic storage boxes full of assorted "junk", I even have a list in Excel of each boxes contents (not exact but near enough)
And that's after a sort out  ???
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2018, 11:30:52 AM »
Yes I am a bit of an hoarder, and I have a spare room to prove it, 20+ plastic storage boxes full of assorted "junk", I even have a list in Excel of each boxes contents (not exact but near enough)
And that's after a sort out  ???

But don't you often find that the item you've just thrown away is the item that you need next?
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

fortyone

« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2018, 11:35:40 AM »
I have leads adapters and connectors that will connect just about anything to anything else. When it comes to needing a specific one I remember exactly where I put the required item, spend an hour looking, then order another on eBay 99p post paid.

Raven

« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2018, 11:44:23 AM »
I have leads adapters and connectors that will connect just about anything to anything else. When it comes to needing a specific one I remember exactly where I put the required item, spend an hour looking, then order another on eBay 99p post paid.

Hysterical.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Coastal

« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2018, 11:45:16 AM »
That sounds familiar, I keep all the leads/connectors/chargers (that are labelled) in one box, but that still doesn't stop you misplacing things  ??? 
Hell hath no fury like a woman .......

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2018, 11:55:32 AM »

Yes, drawers full of leads of all types, phone chargers, old mobile phones.

The eBay trick for finding lost items is very good, it works nearly every time.

My record is finding the lost item at exactly the same time that the postman rang the doorbell to deliver it's replacement.